What's happening to me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's happening to me?

Goodmorning folks, I am new to this board and to all the different things happening to me. I went to my dr. and he ordered a ct scan, it came back normal. So I did some research and wrote down all my symptoms and went back and presented them to him. He has ordered anMRI and a MRA of my head and neck. He told me that after he got the results he would decide about the need of a nuro doctor. My symptoms are as follows. Light headed and loosing my balance a lot. Memory problems, like forgetting things that are important, can't remember how to spell words, and the short term memory is gone. I have some tingling feeling in my toes, and numbness in my hands. I have become very heat sensitive ( I have always been cold natured, very weird). I have too many things going wrong and I have no answers for all of this.

welcome

glad you found this site. It sounds like all right things are happening. you have an MRI set up and there has been mention of a neurologist. It's way to early to speculate about whats going on. Best advice is to go through the diagnostic process and relax until you know more. I know from experience this is easier said than done. Dale
    Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Thanks Dale, I am trying to stay calm about this. I am waiting for my dates for the MRI and MRA. As I wait I have been researching MS. I will hope for the best.

Comment

A very good piece of advise I got early on was to stick to reputable websites like Mayo Clinic, NIH, National MS Society etc. Keep in mind that anyone can start a website and/or blog, it is up to you to check references if you will. Watch out for those selling snake oil, scare tactics and misinformation are part of their marketing plans.
        M.
        A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
        Albert Einstein

Comment

So your MD sent you for an MRI and so forth. Did s/he do any blood tests? Do you know what your vitamin D, B-12 and magnesium levels are? The doc love to order the 'electronic' tests, but often forget the fluids in the body. Did you get a Lyme disease test?
          Maybe, if they haven't been checked, you could suggest them to the doctor. Low vitamin B-12 is known as an MS mimic. Low vitamin D adversely affects the immune system. Many, if not most, adults in this country are low in vitamin D.
          Come back often. Good luck

Comment

Hello sueebab, Welcome to MSworld..I am too a newbee to this site and it has been a great help for me!

Please take the advise maitrimama and keep your web research to those well respected sites...There is lots of data out on the web and it sure has caused me some anxiety problems that I still am working hard to shake......

Please use this site to help you!

Comment

Working...
            X