Infusion Nurses-Holidays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infusion Nurses-Holidays

I want to get my infusion nurses something for the Holidays. I have been a difficult patient at best. They are Saints, and I certainly am not.

This is a large infusion center. Do any of you do anything special you do for your Nurses during the Holidays? Any suggestions?
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Flowers and food seem to be appreciated!
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Holiday Gifts for Nursing Staff

[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="3"]Here are a few of my very favorite places from which to order gifts for people:

I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.

**URL's removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**

Comment

Gift Giving

Forgot the silly rule about no urls. You might be interested in Edible Arrangements (fruit baskets arranged like flowers) or Cookies by Design (cookie bouquets) or Debrito Chocolate (gourmet caramel apples). All can be found online.

Comment

I get the large box of Sees suckers and arrange them in a little Christmas container. I see them walking around with them though out the day so I know they are used. And I figure someone can always grab 1 o 2 to stick in their kid's stocking if they want.

Comment

Several years ago, someone recommended See's Candy lollipops as a Christmas gift. You can buy an assorted box for $17.25 with $5.00 shipping right now. They last for upwards of an hour, and I suck on them at my infusions.

I give a box every year to my infusion center, and they are thrilled! At only 80 calories each, they are a wonderful, long-lasting treat.

Comment

LL60

Hmmm, were you the one who recommended them a few years ago? If so, thanks! Great minds think alike!

Comment

These are ALL great suggestions. Now at least I can pick one and get on with the rest of my Holiday shopping.

Thanks!
                Katie
                "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
                "My MS is a Journey for One."
                Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

ru4cats

Maybe.....I don't remember. I have been doing this since I started over 5 years ago. I had an infusion once on Christmas Eve! Was afraid this year that with extending the infusions I might skip Dec. since some months I don't have one. But nope, have one Dec. 9th. I skipped Nov. I would taken them in some anyway, they deserve a token of thanks. They are all great.

It did cut my viral numbers almost in half, and for that I am thankful. But I notice a difference in my symptoms and I wish that I had not started this. My doctor will not let me go back. He wants me off of it, but I refuse.

Comment

Having been a specialty nurse, I can tell you the very FIRST thing I would get the nurse(s) is a hand-written "Thank You"
                    You have NO idea how much it means to get a personal note from a patient, expressing their thanks for everything you do for them.
                    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Re handwritten thank you, is that even if illegible due to tremor?

Comment

Originally posted by Pipes123 View Post
                        Re handwritten thank you, is that even if illegible due to tremor?
                        No writing is illegible to a nurse.
                        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Working...
                        X