No announcement yet.

Heat Intolerance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major heat intolerance... in general, heat makes me feel all of my symptoms and I lose my ability to cool down. It sucks, we do have long winters but today it is 41 degrees (Celcius)... with the humidex, whatever that means. Anyway, this sounds stupid but it's simple and helps me beat the overheating. I make sure that i have 2 small bottles of frozen water im my MS survival kit, aka my purse, and as soon as I start feeling like I may overheat I put a bottle on each wrist and hold them there. Even 1 bottle is good, just put both wrists on it. It's certainly not a remedy but it has really saved my butt on more than 1 occasion.
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I'm with you Spydre. My oldest is in marching band. Yesterday I was able to park my chair in the shade and we had a breeze even though it was 90, to watch the parade. I have a fold-up chinese style fan I'm going to locate and put in my purse just in case. Not sure it will help, but worth a try.

Comment

Heat had definitely been an issue for me in the past. Here in southeast Georgia, summers are miserable. It has been les of a problem since I started Gilenya, though. I still can't sleep if it's what I feel is too warm in the house. Causes some arguments between the wife and I.

Comment

Working...
        X