It's never going to end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's never going to end

Middle of October this year my neuro decided I should try Gilenya. I did all the tests Gilenya required (eye exam, blood work); signed the start sheet. somewhere after this I came up that "we" had needed to do the Prior Authorization paperwork. Eventually that was done. NOW -

Here it is December 17 and my insurance has denied it. How could they do that. Allegedly my neuro's office put in the prior auth paperwork that I have tried ALL other MS drugs and I had bad problems for one reason or another. So why this.

I would have thought I'd be on that drug by now. I'M PIPING MAD!

Don't feel alone the same thing happened to me. So we appealed and was denied again. We are in the middle of another appeal. My insurance company is requesting all kinds off medical tests documentation. Fortunately we had everything they have asked for. If they deny again we have to wait 180 days before we can apply again.

I think this is a pretty big club. Hang in there. Hopefully things will work out.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Comment

It's ridiculous all the hoops you have to jump through. It's like the insurance companies make up their minds and there's nothing to do to change it, even when they're not following their own guidelines. I'm guessing they probably do that with the hope that you'll give up, meaning they don't have to pay.

Not that it's any consolation, but you're not alone in this battle. Hang in there and hopefully you'll finally be able to get started.
      Diagnosed 1/4/13
      Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Comment

Gilenya

I guess living in Australia is good as gilenya is free on the PBS
        I have been on it 7 weeks now and its great. I am a 54 year old male. I believe its slowed and relapses I may have and I generally feel better. My walking is better and other complaints. The only thing that hasnt come back is my ability to have an orgasm and cant ejaculate.

Comment

Working...
        X