It's about to drive me crazy.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's about to drive me crazy.....

Not know what my Titer level is. All I know is it is "Indeterminate". I have called my Neuro's office and they don't have it yet. I have called Quest Diagnostics and they can't tell me. Any other ideas where I can call?

Any ideas would be much appreciated!
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

I don't know if this will help or not, but I came back Indeterminate once and they retested and it came out negative.

Additionally, since I get my TY at a Cancer Center, with their own lab facilities, I am assigned to an Oncologist. She is exceptionally vigilant about JCV...because her cancer patients can get it too. I thought I was being tested quarterly, but it is actually monthly. They don't do the same test as Touch Protocol, they test for the actual Virus vs. the Anti-bodies. It's a blood test...no LP required.

My opinion of Indeterminate is this....even if you are positive...it is so low....I personally would not be too freaked out about it.

Get another test and see what the result is.
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

If you get tested again (per your other post), ask in advance to be given the Titer. Used to be that doctors didn't automatically get the titer. Maybe that has changed.

Comment

I also use Quest Diagnositics (a 260 mile roundtrip for me ), but since I'm JC-, I only go every six months. I have, yet, to get my titer level. However, I recently spoke to Quest and was told if I had the test code 91665X written on the script, I would DEFINITELY get my titer. I'll find out in early October at my next test. Good luck.

Comment

I do not understand how you neuro's office would know you are indeterminate and not know your titer

From what I know <.2 is neg >.4 is pos, so indeterminate is between the two. I have been .28, .23 and .27-in that order.

Good luck
          Linda

Comment

I did not get a titer level with my Indeterminate initially. Apparently there was no titer at all...so someone messed up or something. Quest retested the original blood sample and it came back negative.

WDS...Quest should pay for another test. I had three JCV tests done about 4 years ago, before the titer, within a 90 day timeframe. I was having problems believing that I was negative.

So please don't worry and go get another test. It will ease your mind.
            Katie
            "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
            "My MS is a Journey for One."
            Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

My neuro confirmed what Linda said as for the indeterminate range. I would consider it either negative or extremely low positive and definitely safe for Ty at least over 24 mos if it stays that way. And in 2 years, who knows what else may be available to us.
              Kathy
              DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
              X