Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't get sick

Hello,
    My Ms Nurse emphamsized ( and allof the books)- "don't get sick"- recovery is an issue.
    I was diagnosed in 2006 and have not had any illness worth noting.
    Through a series of pressures, tensions and stoopids on my part, I endedup in the hospital w/a urinary tract infection that got into the blood.
    1 week in the hospital and 1 week in rehab center (don't know which was worse), I am still recovering at home, able to work only part time and am going through one of those periods of "Am I ever going to recover?" I've had this long enough to know that negativity does no good, so for the most part, I put that aside, BUT I'M GOING TO DO ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING NOT TO REPEAT THIS!
    Stay Well, even if you/I/we do have an incurable disease.
    Steakbaron

Oh, I'm so sorry that you have been so ill. The UTI going into the blood thing scares me, as I'm prone to them anyways and am now having other bladder issues, that could only make them worse.

I hope your recovery continues and that you have good health after for a long time to come.

Comment

Steakbaron,

In 2007 I was hospitalized with sepsis (blood infection), my neuro at that time told me that she was worried she was going to "loose me" (YIKES whaaaattt???) Every thing pointed to a bladder infection, as the culprit.

Please everyone, don't take ANY infection lightly. Be adamant about making all your docs take you SERIOUSLY
      Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakbaron View Post
        Hello,
        My Ms Nurse emphamsized ( and allof the books)- "don't get sick"- recovery is an issue.
        I was diagnosed in 2006 and have not had any illness worth noting.
        Through a series of pressures, tensions and stoopids on my part, I endedup in the hospital w/a urinary tract infection that got into the blood.
        1 week in the hospital and 1 week in rehab center (don't know which was worse), I am still recovering at home, able to work only part time and am going through one of those periods of "Am I ever going to recover?" I've had this long enough to know that negativity does no good, so for the most part, I put that aside, BUT I'M GOING TO DO ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING NOT TO REPEAT THIS!
        Stay Well, even if you/I/we do have an incurable disease.
        Steakbaron
        I would echo this. "Don't get sick."
        I truly believe that any stressors, whether caused by:
        • turmoil,
        • happy events,
        • or illness,
        wreak havoc on our MS and can trigger MS flares.
        Stay well, whenever possible!

~ Faith
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Steakbaron,

I hope you are doing better. I could be a poster child for the title to your thread. Last year I was either in the hospital or in-patient rehab for 13 months. All this followed by another 7 months of outpatient rehab.

My recovery after my initial relapse after a surgery kept being complicated by UTIs. I had some kidney infections, two bouts of sepsis, and a heart infection (requiring another surgery). I heard the same thing as fishead after one bout of sepsis. I also had aspiration pneumonia and even fell and broke a hip. Then I needed surgery for that. Talk about a nightmare.

I'm starting to have severe heat intolerance now, too, so fevers are really bad news. It's bad enough just to feel lousy from the MS. It's just that more complicated for us when we do get sick.
          Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Working...
          X