Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

long term health insurance if MS diagnosis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

long term health insurance if MS diagnosis?

Is it possible to get long term health insurance if you have MS? If not, does any one have an alternate suggestion for medical needs/costs down the road?

In my experience only if you are eligible under an employer's plan and even then they usually defer you to a modified/alternative plan.

I have one that is actually a life insurance plan with a disability benefit of about $80,000 that I could use for LTC and another from a previous employer that pays aprox $600 a week for respite care in a skilled facility with a cap of $10,000 I think.

Neither are great but I figured better than nothing.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

When I was first seen by the neuro and ordered an MRI I called an agent to inquire about a policy. I thought maybe I could hurry up and get a policy before a Dx hit.

I told the agent I might have MS and he said. "FORGET IT". They will find out and you will never get a policy."

I wish I knew what options there are. Medicaid doesn't seem to offer much.

Comment

Working...
      X