Painful eye movement in one eye but no vision loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painful eye movement in one eye but no vision loss

Hi, I am still in limbo (lesions & sx, but no progression to confirm). Since Sunday I have had painful eye movement in my right eye. Seems to crescendo throughout the day. I have not noticed any vision changes but the pain is consistent and only in one eye. No discharge, redness, swelling, etc. Didn't get hit in the eye, bit in the eye area, etc. Just the painful movement. Could this be ON or I am freaking out over nothing?
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference" Reinhold Niebuhr

also...

...sensitive to light. Light makes the pain worse.
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference" Reinhold Niebuhr

Comment

ON was one of my first symptoms of MS. It started with pain with movement and then I slowly lost the central vision in my right eye. That was a long time ago and it has slowly come back.

I did have another round of ON about 10 years ago, but totally different. This time my vision started getting blurry and then I had double vision for about 6 weeks and then over night It went away.

I would contact your eye dr. and see if they can see anything going on in the back of your eye. My eye Dr. can see the scarring on my optic nerve.
      Opiegirl, Dx 1991
      Have never used DMD's.

LDN 9/2011-9/2012 & just started again 6/14
      Estriol 9/12-present
      Still Hopeful.

Comment

I also have had eye issues. It is my right eye too. I have blurry vision, double vision and have weakness in my eye. When I look to the right it takes several seconds for my eye to move back to look straight ahead. I have been to an opthamologist and nuerologist, had an MRI,and been tested for diabetes. Also had a few other symptoms but MRI came back normal. This week I have had tongling and numbess in both hands and feet. I called nuerologist and they said since I am having different symptoms that they want me to come in for a follow up.

Comment

They called mine opthalmoplegia.

Comment

pain worsens when i blink

I have eye pain like my whole eyeball is a little sore.
            it hurts to blink, like I'm touching a bruise.
            saw ophth and everything, including visual field, looked okay to him.... So I don't even know if its MS related.

Comment

I haven't had an ON flare in a very long time, but I still sometimes have eye pain with movement, especially side to side. It seems to come with heat, light and/or late in the day when I am tired....no vision loss or blurriness. I just chalk it up to residual ON damage.
              Angela Dx RRMS 7/2001; Copaxone 9/2001

Comment

Boy can I relate to your post!

My very first MS sx was pain in my left eye and my vision was "off" (no blurry vision or blindness) just "off" meaning that I could tell something just wasn't "right."

I went to an eye doctor, nothing seemed wrong to him. He suggested I get a blood test. A few days later, I started having multiple sx (dizziness, numbness on right side, etc.).

My PCP examined me and found that my left eye was NOT moving when I looked to the left. He sent to to a neuro to "rule out MS" . . . NOT! My neuro exam and MRI confirmed it (brain stem lesions).

Be patient yet proactive in seeking an answer to your eye pain.

Wishing you the best!
                Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's learning to dance in the rain!

Comment

Originally posted by stalo View Post
                  Hi, I am still in limbo (lesions & sx, but no progression to confirm). Since Sunday I have had painful eye movement in my right eye. Seems to crescendo throughout the day. I have not noticed any vision changes but the pain is consistent and only in one eye. No discharge, redness, swelling, etc. Didn't get hit in the eye, bit in the eye area, etc. Just the painful movement. Could this be ON or I am freaking out over nothing?
                  Sore eyes consolidated with a dry, dirty feeling could be created by dry eye syndrome. Constantly sore and dry eyes might even water more, as the eyes react to the dryness and disturbance with excess tears. See the informative content on watery eyes and dry eyes for additional parts here at torontocataract.com/eye_problems.shtml

Comment

Working...
                  X