Tecfidera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tecfidera

Hi - I'm new to MSWorld and have had MS for 9 years. I was on Copaxone for a couple of years but stopped when palpitations developed. I hadn't taken anything for about 3 years until starting Tec almost 3 weeks ago.

I have noticed increased fatigue about 30 minutes - 1 hour after taking it, itching, gait and balance issues and occasional headaches when not taken with enough food. I haven't had any major gastro issues but am noticing a change in my vision. I've never had any of the vision problems that are more common with MS but have been seeing halos in both eyes since starting Tec (in addition to having dry itchy eyes); the left eye seems to be worse.

Has anyone else experienced any similar vision problems with the use of Tec?

I had been on Copaxone for 5 years then off for a year and a half before starting Tecfidera the end of June.

I too, still, experience the flushing and itching after each dose.

I spoke to the nurse who called from the pharmacy that ships the BG 12 to my home.

She told be to be sure I eat 30 minutes before each dose and to chew a baby aspirin.

My neuro did tell be those things but I haven't gotten the aspirin yet. Seemed like just one more pill to take.

I think now I will give it a try.

I know that MS relapse is listed as a side effect. I have had vision issues since January. So I cant attribute those to the BG 12.

But I have started to have increased dysphagia issues that coincide with starting the Tecfidera.

I am coping for now and staying on the Tecfidera.

My neuro, the nurse that called, and a great friend of mine who started Tecfidera also this summer- all are reporting an improvement in symptoms.

I am just hoping perhaps my issues will subside and I too can see something positive.

Call your neuro with your concerns. He/she can help you tease out if its side effects or a relapse.

Take Care,

Comment

Working...
    X