Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing my Neuro for a follow-up...and I have some new stuff

Hi all,

As I mentioned before, 2 neuros said NO MS based on 1 open 3-part back scan and 1 closed MRI of the brain back in April.
    I'm a 28 year-old male.

All my symptoms started in March when, in the middle of my lumbar spine, I had a painful, burning sensation, as if I was injured.

So many things occurred after - twitching, tingling, vibrations, shocks, buzzy, cold patches, pain, tightness. Every day has been something new or a different variation of something from before.

I'm still on Lyrica.

Now, I have: weak, clutching feeling on inside of left knee, vibrations in feet, and my right shoulder get's buzzy, esp. if I keep that arm close to the torso.

The scariest thing is my back. That spot got painful again...burning, bruising feeling.

Should I ask the neuro for another back scan?
    Should I ask if this is a lesion?
    Should I ask for an LP?
    Should I ask to get off Lyrica (I think it's making my vision fuzzy)?
    Should I ask for a brain scan?

First of all, so sorry for ALL you are going through.. enough!! BUT for me, since I have both spasticity AND lumbar stenosis (sciatica) I see my orthopedic doc first. He is good at knowing which is which. (it gets confusing!)

Turns out I have both, disc disorder which got worse both in my neck and lower back which affects my legs AND I have MS that affects my legs.

I take RX Diclofenac which is a stronger NSAID 12 hour release with Baclofen. Seems to help and gets me better sleep. Did the Neurontin (Gabapentin) for awhile and it helped me sleep.

I think the combo of meds helps me, along with stretching, walking and detoxing TOXINS (mostly from meds) from liver/kidney. The detox really helped clear my head and decreased my all over muscle pains.

Good luck and hope you get answers and relief. Trust me, not ONE doc can do it all. We have to look at our diet and rule out other disorders first.

Gentle hug, Jan
    I believe in miracles~!
    2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
    Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

I saw the neuro. I typed up all my symptoms.

She wants to see me again in 6 months. I asked if we could do more tests, she said no.

She asked if I still think I have MS. I said I dunno.

Don't know what to think anymore.

She wants to wean me off Lyrica.

Comment

Again, I would consult with an orthopedic doc to make sure its not anything else.

Good luck and hang in there best you can. I know its hard.
        Trust me, if it IS MS, it has a way of making itself known. But many other mimics of MS come from toxins we put into our body and produce many neuro type symptoms.

Jan
        I believe in miracles~!
        2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
        Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Working...
        X