NEUROLOGICAL EXAM EXPLAINED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22cyclist

This on the impression; Flair hyperintense white matter changes, prominent perivascular changes, symmetric minimally increased signal intensity in the corona radiata and partial volume averaging versus t2 hyperintesity in the cortical spinal tracts at the level of the cerebral peduncles.

Probable prominent perivascular spaces of the basal ganglia, left more than right

Upper motor Neuron disease and Cerebellar ataxia

Thanks once again

Comment

Originally posted by baydenoc View Post
      This on the impression; Flair hyperintense white matter changes, prominent perivascular changes, symmetric minimally increased signal intensity in the corona radiata and partial volume averaging versus t2 hyperintesity in the cortical spinal tracts at the level of the cerebral peduncles.

Probable prominent perivascular spaces of the basal ganglia, left more than right

Upper motor Neuron disease and Cerebellar ataxia

Thanks once again
      Since it does not mention demyelination or MS, your lesions do not look like the ovoid lesions seen in MS most likely.
      Upper motor neuron disease can mean many things.

I would caution you against reading too much into it before meeting with your neurologist.

Something is going on. Let us know what you find out.
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

22cyclist

Thank you for all your input. I hope to get answers Fri and I will let you know. I just want to know what is going on.

Baydenoc

Comment

Working...
        X