X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cymbalta

How long did it take cymbalta to work if it did

Hello DebRA,

I have been on 30mg a day of Cymbalta for nerve pain for a week and I have felt a little relief. I will be starting 60mg a day tonight.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

I take 120mg a day. It took about 6 weeks or so to help.
      Nothing takes it all away it just helps.

Good luck to you.
      DIAGNOSED=2012
      ISSUES LONG BEFORE
      REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

Cymbalta Increase made me really sick and very scared

I came off zoloft, wellbutrin and amitriptyline to combine to one medication for depression and nerve pain. I started 30, then 60 mg of cymbalta... and the depression got worse, so doctor increased to 90 mg. With one dose, i got hives, my lips swelled to almost splitting, i could not fall asleep, I became incredibly nauseous, and began wheezing and coughing. The next day - I could barely stay awake for 30 minute increments.
        I wouldn't take the dose again last night - allergy? what are my options? i have no idea what else is available. should I stick with 60 mgs and depression and hope it goes away on its own? am I expecting too much to want to be depression free? I already choose nerve pain because I don't like gabapentin - but the depression is hideous.
        Please help with any suggestions!!

Comment

You need to stop the medication and call your doctor. The wheezing and swelling are signs of an allergy to the medication. It may get worse each time you take it.

http://www.rxlist.com/cymbalta-drug.htm

Let us know how you are doing, OK?

Take care,
          Lisa
          Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
          SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
          Tysabri

Comment

recovering from Cymbalta withdrawal

My doctor recommended I immediately stop taking the medication. I did - and spent an very rocky 6 weeks of incredible emotional instability. After two weeks, I started 150 mgs of wellbutrin to ease the Cymbalta withdrawal. My word bank, which had been impaired and I didn't even realize it - made a come back. I am very grateful for the support and insight from the community and the moderator. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X