Not alone with the unlisted side effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not alone with the unlisted side effects

I started Tecfidera several months ago. I too was excited to say goodbye to a needle. With the only major side effects being flushing and possible digestive issues, I thought it would be great. From the beginning, I've had weird side effects...
    At 240 mg 1X per day - I would not only experience flushing, but would get real itchy for about 20 minutes...
    My neurologist suggested a low dose asprin, which helped...
    When I tried the full dose of 240 mg 2X's per day - my body seized up and I thought I was having an exacerbation...
    Instead of calling for a round of steroids, I tried backing own my dose to the 240 mg 1x per day again...
    It seemed to work well, but I noticed a lot of hair falling out after my shower
    When my neurologist told me a few weeks ago that in trials, the half dose was not effective, I decided to try the full dose every other day...
    Not only am I tightening up again after only 1 week, but my hair is falling out/thinning at an alarming rate...
    I was also happy to read that I was not the only person who has been experiencing the leg cramps and numb hands at night...
    I am not continuing with this med - it is not working for me...
    I am so thankful to this website and the many participants who said they were experiencing some of the things I've gone through - with the Rx company only talking about the side effects of the flushing and digestive issues, I thought I was going crazy...

unlisted side effects

I am one of those people with a side effect that is unlisted. I have mentioned my side effect (in another post) of grover's disease which basically is red pimple like bumps mostly on my legs.

When I stopped the tecfidera this skin problem went away. Now that I am back on the medication these annoying bumps are back. Neuro is pretty convinced that the medication is triggering this condition.

I have reported this to Biogen but have not heard anything. I plan to put up with this side effect because I do not have any other terrible side effects like you and so many others are reporting.
    I too am very grateful for this forum. So many helpful people.

Comment

9 1/2 months on Tec.

I still get flushing no matter what I eat , or if I take aspirin, & I get severe itching / rash sometimes hives that follow the flushing . Neuro says no one else on Tec in his practice beside me , has these problems.
      I am giving Tec until 1 yr then quitting, because I've had 1 or 2 relapses since starting it.
      Tl-Tr3
      DX'07 MS- on Tysabri-

Comment

I get the red bumps on my legs too! I thought it was related to the recent heat wave we had in the area, but then it got cooler... So glad to know what's causing it.

I also get cotton mouth about 3-4 hours after taking my Tec. Aside from that, it's just been mild/moderate burning/itching/redness for about 30 minutes late every morning.

Comment

side effects not listed

Definitely get the cotton mouth. Not much flushing though. And of course the skin bumps are part of the side effects not listed.

Comment

Working...
          X