Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paxil and Decrease in Vertigo

Hello All,

I started on an anti-depressant apx a month ago and I noticed that my vertigo, which was almost a daily event has pretty much vanished.

Anyone out there on Paxil notice the same thing?

Originally posted by ree221 View Post
    Hello All,

I started on an anti-depressant apx a month ago and I noticed that my vertigo, which was almost a daily event has pretty much vanished.

Anyone out there on Paxil notice the same thing?
    That's great news! I'm glad it helped. I've never heard of it though. I've been battling daily vertigo/lightheadedness and nothing seems to help. The last prescription I tried was Prozac but it made me a little worse and morning headaches were also worse. And it gave me insomnia. Any major side effects with paxil?

Comment

I Love Paxil

Originally posted by pitlover91 View Post
      That's great news! I'm glad it helped. I've never heard of it though. I've been battling daily vertigo/lightheadedness and nothing seems to help. The last prescription I tried was Prozac but it made me a little worse and morning headaches were also worse. And it gave me insomnia. Any major side effects with paxil?
      Hi PitLover!

The only side effect I've had is decrease in appetite which in my case is good!

Aside from Paxil helping with my Vertigo I'm also noticing that my migraines have been quiet. I have not had one yet since going on it. And yes, I was on Prozac and had awful migraines so I'm not sure if going off Prozac stopped the migraines or going on Paxil did; maybe it's a little bit of both.

I find Paxil helps me more for my anxiety and of course depression. It really addresses both issues for me.

The crappy thing about Paxil is it's short half life. YOU MUST take it every day at the same time! And don't forget to ever take one or you will feel like major poo. Lol

For this reason, getting off of them is really difficult too. You MUST wean off slowly with the guidance of your psych med doctor!!!! Unless you want to feel the worst vertigo of your life.

When all is said and done it really depends on each individual; we all are affected differently by these drugs. What works for me may not work for you.

Good luck with Paxil if you do decide to try it and I would love to hear back from you if it works!!!!!!!

Maria

Comment

Working...
      X