Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

experiences of others after first infusion..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

experiences of others after first infusion..?

Hi

i know many have shared their experience of what tysabri has done for them, and if they had side effects..i appreciate that!

my question, how was it following your first infusion? Seems like everyday is different and i'm only a week in. nothing major which is great! yet i've gone through really bad heartburn, than stomach cramps, vomiting, had energy one day which was awesome..now i'm exhausted again. Also anyone have leg pain on it, or weakness? My leg leg isn't working too well and foots numb.

one thing i will say is my fatigue is gone! i'm just normal tired now, not that gut wrenching you wanna take a nap while your driving feeling
    Jen Dx'd 5/11
    "Live each day as if it were your last"

Gosh, I can honestly say I haven't experienced anything from my infusions like you have, sunshine 008. I wish I had some answers for you, but I don't.

In everything I've read online, I haven't seen that many responses where people have had trouble after their infusions. For me, Day 1 is just like Day 28.

I love Tysabri, but maybe it just isn't the drug for you. I hope you have some more responses. This will "bump" it up in the list, so maybe someone else can help.

Comment

I was on Tysabri for almost 7 years. I have recently changed meds, but I had no problem with side effects. I do have leg pain, but I don't remember not having leg pain and numbness. I did get headaches, I seemed the week I was due for an infusion. Was it the Tysabri? ... I don't know. I know so many people who do well. Don't give up....call your doctor if you have concerns. Good Luck!

Comment

Hi thanks for sharing, I'm fairly relaxed when it comes to meds, yet you can't help but wonder... yes its def the tysabri. I"m just sensitive to all meds. Neuro's drawing blood tmrw.

Yes, everyday has been interesting... there is also this humming in my ears that is driving me mad everyday, and every night at the same time my entire mouth swells up and than an hr later and some benadryl that calms down.

good times not!! lol
        Jen Dx'd 5/11

Comment

I had my first infusion on the 13th. The day after the infusion I felt remarkable - better than I had felt in a long time. However, day two and beyond I am very tired and have increased foot drop and hand issues. I am also very lethargic. I hope that it will only get better with time.

Comment

It's great you had one great day, yet i know what you mean.. i haven't had that experience yet where you feel amazing.

i think the med is a shock to our body also, the 2nd one should get easier for you...

good luck!!!!!!
            Jen Dx'd 5/11

Comment

my throat closed up again yesterday at 2nd infusion, they gave me steriods..than woke up today beet red, flushing, swollen hands, legs, tight chest... it did get better as day went on. i'm so sensitive to meds though, i always react badly to any ms med. your next one should be easier. one thing i did notice with very first infusion is no fatigue at all! i was just normal tired, than last week i was totally fatigued leading up to next infusion
              Jen Dx'd 5/11

Comment

Working...
              X