No announcement yet.

Tysabri and JCV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Titer; after tests, incl. Lumbar Puncture, still on Tysabri.

Originally posted by PaulaG View Post
    Anyone continuing Ty with a JCV titer >1.19? I was taken off and now I'm declining again.
    PaulaG:

I have a High Titer number.
    My Neuro has over 1000 MS patients and had a different approach with me, as follows:

He did blood tests of course, an MRI, and asked me if he could do a Lumbar Puncture (LP).
    I asked if any side effects from the LP, as I have heard people often get headaches. Neuro said he uses a thin needle and usually no side effects.

I went ahead with the LP. No side effects.
    He found no trace of any new problems and recommended I stay on Tysabri, since it was working so well for me; in other words, for me no new lesions.

He has me get blood tests and MRI's often. It's a year later and no change in my MRI or symptoms.

The above is only my experience; please discuss your situation with your medical team to make any personal decisions.

Hope this helps.

Time

Comment

About 4 years ago I was taken off Tysabri because after 30 infusions that dr sent me for blood test. I was JCV positive and taken off Ty After being off Ty trying G Aubagio and now Tec. my new dr is reconsidering Ty because of low lymphocyte count on Tec. he said more important than positive or negative is the titer. So he just ran more blood tests to decide if I would once again be a candidate for Tysabri

Comment

Working...
      X