spasms and diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spasms and diet

Hi, My name is Mike. I have had MS for 22yrs and am in a secondary progressive. I have a lot of spasms at night and very rarely get more than 4 hours of straight sleep. I just bought a Nitro Bullet. There are some recipes for a better nights sleep and is supposed to help with Restless Leg Syndrome. I know that's not the same as spasms but has anyone else tried this diet and did it help. Keep fighting everyone!! Thank You.

I've never heard of it, but I hope it helps.

So far eating magnesium pills or soaking in a bath with epsom salts helps, and I have fewer spasms now that I take some gabapentin. I haven't tried cannabis for this, but that would be what I'd try if those didn't work.

Comment

I second the magnesium and read that you absorb more through your skin (epsom salts) than via digestion. I found that sugar gives me spasms if I overdo the sugar.

Comment

watching this post

Mike66, I bought a Nutribullet too and love it. I try to have a smoothy regularly but shooting for daily. I haven't tried many recipes yet that target specific issues but do feel better with what I'm doing. I do have some restless leg issue or what I think is that. Some nights I just feel like my legs are buzzing and I want to shake them. I often go sleep on the couch so not to wake the hubster.

I think I'll look again at my recipe book and try more things and see if it helps. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Wishing you success with your Bullet
        Susie

Eph 3:20-21

Comment

Originally posted by Temagami View Post
          I second the magnesium and read that you absorb more through your skin (epsom salts) than via digestion.
          Very interesting! I'll have to try a foot soak.

Comment

I am sensitive to certain foods and when I eat them I get spasms at night, the Restless leg kind of spasms so food can certainy have an impact on some spasms. If you have a mineral deficiency that can contribute as well like magnesium, as previous posters suggested. I have had no luck with magnesium, but Iron deficiency can and did cause spasms for me.

Comment

I've had alot of luck with RLS the drug neurontin. I'm not saying it works all the time but has definately reduced the urges. I can't stand RLS. We all need our good rest and these creepy symptoms keeps welcoming themselves in our body. LOL!!!!

My best to you.
              Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
              RRMS
              Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

If you have rls and Neurontin works then Horizant is a much more efficient drug as it is absorbed differently so you can take a much lower dosage (it is Neurontin).

Comment

here are some things I thought might be of some help that I found online at www.fda.gov

HORIZANT can cause serious side effects:
                  706 1. Do not drive after taking your dose of HORIZANT until you know how
                  707 HORIZANT affects you, including the morning after you take your dose.
                  708 Do not operate heavy machinery or do other dangerous activities until you
                  709 know how HORIZANT affects you. HORIZANT can cause sleepiness, dizziness,
                  710 slow thinking, and can affect your coordination. Ask your healthcare provider
                  711 when it would be okay to do these activities.
                  712 2. HORIZANT may cause suicidal thoughts or actions in a very small
                  713 number of people, about 1 in 500.
                  714 Call a healthcare provider right away if you have any of these
                  715 symptoms, especially if they are new, worse, or worry you:
                  716  thoughts about suicide or dying
                  717  attempt to commit suicide
                  718  new or worse depression
                  719  new or worse anxiety
                  720  feeling agitated
                  721  new or worse restlessness
                  722  panic attacks
                  723  new or worse trouble sleeping (insomnia)
                  724  new or worse irritability
                  725  acting aggressive, being angry, or violent
                  726  acting on dangerous impulses
                  727  an extreme increase in activity and talking (mania)
                  728  other unusual changes in behavior or mood
                  hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                  volunteer
                  MS World
                  hunterd@msworld.org
                  PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
                  X