Itching, feeling like bugs crawling on skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Itching, feeling like bugs crawling on skin

I feel like I'm gonna go insane right now. I've spent the past 4 hours attempting to sleep, being unable to, because I'm itching all over, like mad! I feel like bugs are crawlng on me. The locations keep moving around: cheek, arm, leg, foot, head, random places all over my body. It's maddening! I took Benadryl, thinking I'd had a reaction to something(no new meds or anything). It didn't help at all. As the hours have passed and I've become more tired, it's gotten worse. I'm so tired and I can't sleep. My head is hurting and so foggy, I feel like my head is inside a fish bowl(weird pressure and disorientation feeling), my eyes hurt and can barely focus, I'm unbelievably dizzy and disoriented; cuz I'm so exhausted.

Anyone ever had something like this happen? Anyone have any idea what I can do so I can get some sleep?

The bugs crawling, 'creepy crawlies', is not uncommon. It is a nerve thing that usually gets worse with warmer weather. It is majorly annoying. Nerve desensitizing medication such as Gabapentin (Neurontin) can sometimes help.
    Bill
    Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

I've had the bugs crawling sensation before, but
      only on my rt hand, leg, food, arm, and on my face. This is ALL OVER! It's horribly irritating. I've got welts from scratching myself. I finally crashed from sheer exhaustion and slept about 1/2 hour before my 2 year old decided it was play time, not sleeping time. I felt so awful that my hubby cancelled a business trip out of town today and stayed home. He's telecommuting. I've managed about 3 hours of sleep I think. It's still driving me nuts. I don't see my new dr until next thursday.

Comment

It is horrible.. Neurontin usually helps but not all the time. Mine is my head. People look at me like I have lice or something. I HATE it.

judySz

Comment

Yup, me too.

I'd like to say that Nortritplyne also works for that and is cheaper.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm thinking that this sx has gone haywire due to a Summer cold. I've been having nasal & sinus issues and don't think it's allergies. Most of my sx have been acting up this week and the fatigue has been unreal. Hopefully this one resolves as I get better.

I have an appt with my rheumatologist tomorrow. I'll ask him about neurontin, nortrip, etc and see if there's something he can rx me. I tried Lyrica when they suspected I had fibromyalgia on top of Ankylosing Spondylitis, and it helped(especially with the nerve pain from my sciatic impingement after my discectomy), but it made me sweat buckets unless I was sitting down with a fan blowing on me. It was in the winter too. Lol.

Comment

I hope you are feeling better and your rhumy can help.

I have the feeling also. I is really bad on my face. I am always trying to get ants off my face. I take neurontin for it and it helps.

((((hugs))))

Comment

I get the intchiness a lot too. Some nights when I try to sleep, the itches jump (foot to stomach to head). My head gets pretty itchy too (thought it was dry scalp for a while before other symptoms and dx). After about 10 minutes of exercising, my head gets itchy too.

Comment

I hope it feels better for you soon. My upper left back has felt like ants crawling or bees buzzing since about November 2003 when I fell down some stairs. I agree that Neurontin helps with it (though it never has gone away) and it does continue to feel worse at times (when I am tired or it is hot or I overuse my left arm) but after a (long) while it was manageable for me; however, for about six months I was going mad!!

Comment

itching

Sometimes a cold shower will help..........it helps long enough to at least get some temporary relief.............I use ice packs if I don't have time for a shower.

Comment

itching

Sometimes a cold shower will help..........it helps long enough to at least get some temporary relief.............I use ice packs if I don't have time for a shower.

Comment

Working...
                      X