New here and the shock of the cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here and the shock of the cost

Hi I am new here, just diagnosed on the 2nd of March. Had my 3 days of IV infusion steroids last Wed, Thurs and Fri, and am now on the taper down for another week still. not noticing a huge difference yet. Met with the neurologist yesterday and chose to go on Copaxine. Went to get it from the pharmacy and was SHOCKED at how much it cost, and that was after 1/2 had been covered. Needless to say, didn't get it. I can't afford it. So come Monday, I will be calling the benefits office to see if anything is a bit more affordable. Any suggestions for me? I am sort of at a loss. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks.

Call shared solutions on Monday and ask them to pay the balance and to pay for future copay/deductables.

They have a program for this and it doesn't hurt to ask.

http://www.sharedsolutions.com/Getti...Insurance.aspx

Comment

All of the drug manufacturers have programs you can apply for to reduce your costs. Copaxone has the Shared Solutions program, which I've linked below.

http://www.sharedsolutions.com/Getti...Insurance.aspx

Comment

Thank you both for that suggestion. Looked at it over the weekend and felt a little bit better about the whole thing. Called them this morning and am hopeful. They were kind, nice and helpful. I will be calling them back on Wednesday to see what's next.

Comment

Please keep us posted

and good luck to you!

Comment

Good luck. Even with good insurance I paid over $2000 last year for my medications. In this economy it seems like people just work for health insurance and medications. So sad!

Comment

I agree that Shared Solutions was very helpful when I called as well. However, I was told the drug companies cannot reduce their costs to patients directly if they live in Massachusetts. Hope you are fortunate enough to use the medication at a price you can live with

Comment

Working...
              X