Switch from Copaxone to Tysabri?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switch from Copaxone to Tysabri?

Hello,I am new here but I used to be a member of the old Shared Solutions/Copaxone forum(what was the name?) anyway I wanted to ask about Tsybri.

I was DXed with MS in 1983 and have been taking Copaxone with good results since 1999 however on my last MRI my doctor noticed a new lesion in my brain stem.

He said I might want to consider changing to to Tsybri or if that is not possible I could add steroids to the Copaxone.I told him I had a bad reaction to steroids last time I took them. He said it was also reasonable to just continue with the Copaxone and see how it goes.

Anyway,switching medication is a pretty big step. Just wondering if it is worth it. Any advice from the knowledgeable members here would be much apreciated.

I can't imagine switching meds because of just one new lesion in 12+ years.

And why do you need steroids? Are there new sx from this one lesion preventing you from functioning?
    1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
    NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Well it doesn't really sound like your doctor is strongly suggesting a DMT switch, more like they are just presenting options in case you feel the need to do something different. One new lesion in the last 12 years is not good enough reason to change DMT unless you've also been experiencing many many exacerbations suddenly in the last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Smee123 View Post
        Well it doesn't really sound like your doctor is strongly suggesting a DMT switch, more like they are just presenting options in case you feel the need to do something different.
        Thanks for your help! Yes, my doctor said we would not be having this conversation about changing meds except for the the new lesion in my brain stem. Actually,I don't think my symptoms have changed much in the last few years,I think I have only had about 3 or 4 real exacerbation s in the past 30 years however my test results MRI,OCT have shown a progression over the past year or 2.

Still,what I don't know is how much better(effective) Tysbari is than Copaxone?

Comment

Working...
        X