Letter From SSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter From SSA

My adult son is applying for SSI. Just got a letter, in a large brown envelope, address handwritten on the envelope, signed "Social Security Adminstration" requesting he complete the Disability Form. Letter also states this information was previously requested on June 26th (we never received anything) and that he must respond to this letter by September 22nd. We will complete the form asap; however, should we mention we did not receive anything previously from them?

You can mention it, but because there is nothing ‘pressing right now’ meaning that you are not in trouble, it is not going to do much. They are just going to be happy that you received your information now. I would be interested to know if the mistake was on their end or if the mail somehow did not get delivered where it should.

Comment

Received another letter

Applied on line in April 2014. Received request in September for disability report (see prior post). Hvae now received paper work tp register (which we did back in April). Latest latter says it was requested on September 23rd.
      Anyone know what's going on here? Thanks!

Comment

Where I used to live my mail was often sent to the apt building next to mine. I would call your post office.

Tasha dx 95 on gilenya

Comment

Will the date of the application be

April 2014 as that was the date we originally applied? I don't know where they got the September 23rd date and they've now asked for different information on two separate dates. Looks like they've lost information?

Comment

just to clarify

I've received two separate letters from them, requesting different information, referring to requests from their letters dated September 23rd (that 9/23 letter I never received and it's months after the original application was done in April).

Comment

Communicating with SSA

Hi, its2much and everyone. In general, I don't think it will hurt to mention it. Do you have someone helping you with your claim, its2much. I suggest that you consider it to help you in responding to all the forms that SSA sends out.

Wishing you all the best,

Rich
              Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
              X