Forgetting things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgetting things

How can you tell if your forgetfulness is MS related or merely just stress related?

The past few months I seem to be forgetting things more and more and it's beginning to bother me.

A few examples.

1) I was right there sitting on our bed when dh went in and took a shower but then 30 minutes later when we were downstairs I asked him if he was going to go up and take his shower first before going out. He looked at me with that look of concern and then I did remember it.

2) Twice now I have made appointments for people to come to the house and twice now forgetting I scheduled them to come. I'm using my phone now to give me an alert reminder. I mean I remember making the appts. after the fact.

3)Conversations with my children that I later have no recollection of things they say that we discussed or was said. They back each other up that we discussed it and it's never something worth lying over.

Sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy. I used to joke that I had the memory of an elephant. I just wonder if this is more to do with the fact that I have so much on my mind over the worry of my health and my kids etc. that I'm just not focusing or paying attention like I should. Talking about one thing...thinking about something else kind of deal.

This morning I knew somebody was coming to spray for spiders, but I seriously could not remember what time they were coming, but thankfully it was in my phone.

Is this just normal forgetfulness that I'm noticing more now or should I be concerned about this?

Forgetful me.

I know what you mean.

My forgetful episodes are becoming increasingly more often and more serious. I have left the house with a pot of water on to boil. I remembered it when I was checking out at Wal-mart. Rushed home to find the pot dry and the house smelling almost like something burned. I have forgotten complete conversations that I have had with my husband.
    All sunsets are beautiful, but the most amazing sunsets have a few clouds.

Comment

Hi Kat4life,

Cognitive Dysfunction is a symptom that can be caused by several different things.

- MS
      - Stress
      - Anxiety
      - Depression
      - Medications

How can you tell if your forgetfulness is MS related or merely just stress related?
      Much like the diagnostic process for MS (ruling in/out other causes) the same is true for symptoms that very well could be due to your MS but could also be due to other causes.

It would be a good idea to discuss your forgetfulness with you Doctor.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Boy, that is sure a tough question....I've asked my gyno if it's perimenopause, and they have no answer--just that "it could be". I've asked my neuro, and same answer. I am turning 48 in November, so it's probably that as well.

I love watching t.v., switching the channel briefly, and forgetting what I was originally watching.

The best though, was leaving work (was an exhausting day) with my coworker, and I just non-chalantly got right into my passenger side and put my hands up as if the steering wheel was there.....she could not help but laugh, as did I. I told her I meant to do that, but she did not fall for that.

I was also trying to quote Mohammed Ali's famous saying when he fought George Foreman (I think), and told my coworkers: "I smell like a butterfly and sting like a bee"....they looked at me like, "really??" and cracked up....I finally realized it's "Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee".....at least I can laugh, and share on here with my friends!!!!!!!!! :-)
        Rule of Feline Frustration: When your cat has fallen asleep on your lap and looks utterly content and adorable, you will suddenly have to go to the bathroom.

Comment

Originally posted by Kat4life View Post

The past few months I seem to be forgetting things more and more and it's beginning to bother me.

A few examples.

1) I was right there sitting on our bed when dh went in and took a shower but then 30 minutes later when we were downstairs I asked him if he was going to go up and take his shower first before going out. He looked at me with that look of concern and then I did remember it.

2) Twice now I have made appointments for people to come to the house and twice now forgetting I scheduled them to come. I'm using my phone now to give me an alert reminder. I mean I remember making the appts. after the fact.

3)Conversations with my children that I later have no recollection of things they say that we discussed or was said. They back each other up that we discussed it and it's never something worth lying over.

Sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy. I used to joke that I had the memory of an elephant. I just wonder if this is more to do with the fact that I have so much on my mind over the worry of my health and my kids etc. that I'm just not focusing or paying attention like I should. Talking about one thing...thinking about something else kind of deal.

This morning I knew somebody was coming to spray for spiders, but I seriously could not remember what time they were coming, but thankfully it was in my phone.

Is this just normal forgetfulness that I'm noticing more now or should I be concerned about this?
          My DR prescribed aderall for me and it is helping.

Comment

Working...
          X