Is it just because I'm old and fat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So many things make sense post diagnosis

I have been diagnosed with MS for a little over 6 months ago out of the blue. Now looking back at my life and hearing others stories so many things make sense.

I have always hated shopping because it made me so tired and weak when I was finished. I remember one time 10 years ago when I was a single mom in college shopping in Wal-Mart. There was a long line at all the checkouts and I got so weak and dizzy while waiting but I was trapped by other customers and the shopping cart was the only thing holding me up. The lady checking me out was 7 months pregnant. I kept thinking what the heck is wrong with me that I can't stand in the line without help and she is standing there for hours while pregnant with ease. Now I realize it was probably the beginning of my MS.

Comment

You guys are riding around in my head! You describe me to a "T" ( a Model T...LOL ). I have a Drs apt at 1:30 today and it takes me an hour to get there... ..so here I sit procrastinating because I just don't feel good enough to go to the Dr...??..I want to take a nap instead! I can't tell you how many time I pulled over on the side of the road to take a nap!

I had cops stop and check on me! I guess they thought I was a drink sleeping it off or something..Just the thought of leaving the house today, makes me nauseated and tired! My rib cage tightens down and my whole rt side gets weak!! this is ridiculous!!
      Sissy

Comment

Got to love it. Feel too sick to go to the doctor, myself.
        My doctor has this endless ramp for the "differently abled".
        I can just about walk that far, clutching the railing. Arrive utterly knackered every time. It's all of 20 metres, but it's all the way up.

I don't think they quite get it.

At least you didn't have to walk the line, Sissy. I'd be locked up on suspicion.

Comment

Well Doc said she couldn't find a thing that didn't answer "it's another MS Flair". I refuse to go to hosp for IV though. I can sleep and rest at home. I'm a diabetic and the meds sends my BS over 500!

Ohhh, I'm already feeling better!!!
          Sissy

Comment

You know my 26yr old gran-daughter has brain cancer. God bless her!! Anyway she has a T shirt that says
            "CANCER SUCKS" !!!

I want some in different colors that says "I'm not DRUNK, I have MS"! And then on the back it can have a simple description of MS. I know that the tabloids reported that Annette Funachello (sp) as being a "drunk" one time when she stumbled in a restaurant with her family. She had not announced that she had MS yet. It made me so mad! She, like so many other celeberties are under such scrutiny!
            Sissy

Comment

It is one of the reasons why my social worker urges MS patients to use mobility aids when needed -- so that they aren't perceived negatively if they are stumbling around or off balance.

She had a patient who refused to use a cane until he was stopped by the cops for "being drunk" when he was with his grandkids. He now always has a cane with him, whether he needs it that day or not.

Anyway, MS sucks too!

Comment

Working...
              X