Heat, position, dizziness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heat, position, dizziness

If the heat or your position or physical activity makes you dizzy (and you have MS) is it safe to say it's our brains talking or our hearts? I've had all the usual heart tests and things seem to be ok. So do you get dizzy with activity due to your MS? This is so complicated.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

For me, it's definitely the MS fatigue and heat that makes me weak and dizzy.

Comment

I have been dizzy every day for over 2 years. It is worse if I move my eyes or head up or to the right. It has also been worse in the heat. C

Close spaces, like walls on both sides where I am walking, also make me feel dizzy though it is more like my balance goes nuts.

It sure is absolutely awful!!!

Comment

This dizziness thing is a real killer isn't it! I've had this problem for over 15 years and it's one of the things that got me diagnosed.. finally.

Yesterday I was running this little tiny battery operated vacuum sweeper type thing. Very light.. no heavy parts. But the thing swivels when you want it to and I thought I was going to either pass out or fall over. First time this has happened. So many small chores make this happen. Putting on my glasses makes me dizzy. My neuro kind of explained this to me, but it doesn't help to know that it's just going to be this way.

My lightheadedness doesn't last every day, all day. Sorry to hear you have this problem. But even a couple times a day is enough. There are times that driving down our country road makes me nuts too. It seems like the trees are rushing past me on both sides. Kind of closing in on me.

So, any suggestions??
        Marti

Comment

Marti, you sound just like me. The dizziness is what got me diagnosed 10 years ago. This heat is a killer and makes it so much worse.

The last several weeks have been much worse for me. Just went to grandson's B-day party and had to leave early even though I was outside for a few minutes and would go back inside for a long time.

Putting my glasses on makes me dizzy too. Driving down a 2 lane hwy with trees on both sides and the sun shining through in between them makes me feel like I am going to pass out.

Turning my head too fast is pure hell. Have fell into racks in the store because of it. Checkered tile just blows my mind, and the list just goes on and on.

Clonazepam saved me!! It helps me so much!! I just take .5 MG twice a day. It is addictive but I don't care. Without it I can't even get out of bed. It don't stop it all the way but at least I can function. I also take Antivert when it gets worse during the day that helps a lot but lately hasn't been helping as much as it did.

Hope this helps a little and hoping you feel better real soon!!

Comment

Originally posted by deb46 View Post
            Marti, you sound just like me. The dizziness is what got me diagnosed 10 years ago. This heat is a killer and makes it so much worse.

The last several weeks have been much worse for me. Just went to grandson's B-day party and had to leave early even though I was outside for a few minutes and would go back inside for a long time.

Putting my glasses on makes me dizzy too. Driving down a 2 lane hwy with trees on both sides and the sun shining through in between them makes me feel like I am going to pass out.

Turning my head too fast is pure hell. Have fell into racks in the store because of it. Checkered tile just blows my mind, and the list just goes on and on.

Clonazepam saved me!! It helps me so much!! I just take .5 MG twice a day. It is addictive but I don't care. Without it I can't even get out of bed. It don't stop it all the way but at least I can function. I also take Antivert when it gets worse during the day that helps a lot but lately hasn't been helping as much as it did.

Hope this helps a little and hoping you feel better real soon!!

I take Clonazepam also. Sometimes I even take a small piece of Xanax. But neither one really does much for my dizziness. It scares me to think that it could be something other than the MS. But I've had all the usual heart tests. Thanks for the reply. Best to you!
            Marti

Comment

Working...
            X