Scared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scared

You might think I am scared because of new symptoms. No. Not this time. It's the HEAT! It's 100+ degrees for the next 10 days with no end in sight.

I have to drive to doctor's appointments and my Tysabri infusion and I have a surgery coming up. I try to tell myself I am silly to think this way, but I am very superstitious about the end of August. So many bad things have happened at this time of the year I cannot even begin to list them. In the summer of 1987 I was especially anxious about the eventuality of August. To my horror, my neck was injured on August 27 that was to make me disabled for the rest of my life.

There are only a few more days left of August this year but I still have to go out shopping and to 2 more doctors appts. In the summer I usually do groceries at 3am to stay away from the heat and the traffic but, right now, it's still too hot at that hour. What if this weather continues during the whole month of September?

I know. Don't worry about things. Nothing has happened yet. It's just the potential possibility is very very large. Everyone is drunk and crazy on the road and my car is 120 inside.
    Sorry for the rant. I'm just truly scared.

palmtree

I understand - my hubby has ms but I'm the one bothered by the heat (it gives me awful panic attacks). Like you I have to drive myself everywhere now and most of the time I'm scared of traffic and just generally being alone with everything.

Then I try to remember that God is with me -- and you.

saying a prayer for you.

m

Comment

Sorry for your situation...heat, for some of us, is the enemy.

Do you have anyone that can do your errands for you, or drive you to the doctor?

I find in the heat, even the evening when it's cooler, it's the walk across the hot parking lot that's the killer. But if someone drives me, I can go from ac'd house to ac'd car, and then if I'm let out at the door of the office, I only have to spend a few seconds in the heat.

Hope you find a solution.

Comment

Good point. If someone takes me I don't have to walk across the parking lot. I figured, if I have to go outside, I might as well drive myself. But that saves me from perishing in the hot asphalt.

Comment

I too am finding myself having a tough time with the heat. We have had a very unusual summer here in Texas where the 100+ degrees have been very limited, but I am finding myself more fatigued than normal.

This year my MS has been great with the exception of a minor flair earlier this year, but I am afraid that with the heat we are under now I will end up in trouble.

Comment

Working...
          X