Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introduction

Diagnosed in March 2012. Haven't had a day without extreme pain, pins and needles, and weakness. Hoping the Copaxone starts to work and I get well soon.

I am married to a wonderful supportive husband and I have 3 dogs. My husband David has been so loving and kind. I am so lucky to have him. My dogs are Reggie a black lab, Maia a mix from the humane society, and Ginger a rescued Miniture Shih Tzu. The animals make me smile everyday.

I am hoping to improve enough to get back to work soon. I used to run marathons and I am hoping to be able to run a 5k soon. I exercise about 5 days a week regardless of how I feel. I am so afraid if I stop moving I will stop being able to move.

Welcome!

I am so sorry you have been feeling so awful! Copaxone won't treat any of your symptoms, however. It works to prevent further damage, and even perhaps to give your body more time to repair damage, but your neuro may need to prescribe other medications for pain, etc.

Comment

Sorry!

Sorry AngelMarie to hear about your Diagnosis and your current pain. I think everyone here can relate to what your going through. I'm very new to this site and have found the message threads very interesting and helpful. Hopefully your pain will subside soon and you can get back to some sort of normal life. Hang in there! I've been on Copaxone before but eventually had to change. I pray it works better for you. I applaud you for staying active through your pain. I know its not easy!! Im a 36 yr old male who used to be more active then I am today. But like you said..keep on moving

37 M From Connecticut
      Diagnosed 12/17/05

Comment

It's good to meet you, AngelMarie and welcome to the boards! Alicious is correct in saying that Copaxone may help keep damages down, but for specific symptoms like pain, you should talk with your Dr. about meds for that.

So glad you have a supportive husband and you maintain a healthy exercise program. Word of caution tho - please don't overdo in regards to pushing yourself! Hope you also maintain a healthy diet, which is so important for your wellbeing.

Please feel free to ask questions any time. We are a friendly and informative group of well wishers.
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Introduction

Hey Guys my name is lomew bartho. I am a new user on this forum.I visted in this forum through the chain of gogle.I am living in Dubai.My appearance is looking nice.I am also like the exercise and maintain my body slim&fit.And i hope that you will not worry about me and i do my best to participate positively on this forum!!good luck!!

Comment

Hi AngelMarie

It's good to meet you.
            I exercise every day too. I do 30 to 45 minutes of cardio per day plus I lift weights for about 30 to 50 minutes. I'm afraid to stop moving too!
            I've only missed eight days at the gym since I was diagnosed in August. Five of those days I was in the hospital. Two days recuperating and the other day just wiped out.

I've had to alter my gym routine. My neurologist told me not to exercise until the point of complete exhaustion.
            I usually do a 5K Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving but NOT this year. No way! Maybe next year. I'm trying to get acclimated to my new life.
            I hope you feel better soon. I feel somewhat better but I have fatigue which requires a nap every day.
            I have three children and I homeschool them and I work PT two 12 hour shifts a week. zzzzzzzzzzzzz. lol
            Headed to the gym and to vote, praying for a short line or else I will go to sleep right in the line!
            -Karen
            Karen,
            Part time Registered Nurse
            Diagnosed 2012 just started Gilenya Jan. 12th, 2015. Formerly on Betaseron for two yrs

Comment

Working...
            X