Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introducing me :)

Hello there..
    My name is Theodora ,I'm 16 years old and I live in Greece. I got diagnosed about 4 months ago and I just started injecting myself with Avonex once a week. Since I've been diagnosed I've been getting these "Oh sweetie I'm so sorry" reactions and honestly I'm sick of them. I'm sick of them not only because they make me feel awkard as I don't know how to answer but also because there is nothing to feel sorry for.

It's not your fault that I have MS so please don't make me feel bad for making you feel sad. I have an older sister (she's 22) and she is an esthetician. One day I hope that I'll be able to inspire people to be a better version of themselves. Until then,I'll have to finally overcome my fearfulness and become the person I want to be.

So, to conclude, I believe that MS has helped me in a lot of ways. I finally realised who my real friends are and who I can trust. I have learned to appreciate everything that is being offered to me, even the smallest thing or even the smallest of gestures. I've managed to become more outspoken and to face my fears. And last but not least, I finally learned how to express how I feel without feeling embarrassed or afraid. Overall, MS helped me accept and love myself.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **
    Humor is reason gone mad.
    Groucho Marx

Welcome, Theodora!

My sister in law is recovering from leukemia, and would call me because I was the only person who didn't constantly give her pity. Ha! I mean, MS sucks and leukemia is just plain awful, but ultimately we have to live our lives and get on with things. Just be sure to let yourself be sad from time to time if you need to be.

How are you feeling on Avonex?

Comment

Dear Theodora,

Excellent !!! Life brings us all sorts of unexpected things, positive and negative ~~~ you have learned the secret of choosing your own attitude !! Our attitude is the only thing we can control...............bright outlooks and loving ourselves go a long way !

Comment

Great post!! Welcome Theodora

Have had ms for several yrs and I cannot tell you the value of a positive attitude..I do not question why...think it is a waste of precious time...
        Thank you for reminding mes:

Comment

Welcome to MSWorld, Theodora! Posts like yours have a positive effect on us all and I thank you for yours! You seems very mature and wise for your years and we look forward to more of your posts. We have so many wonderful people here, so make yourself comfortable and don't be shy about asking questions.

Many of us have heard the "I'm so sorry" remarks and yes, it can get old, but just let them roll off your shoulders and know that some people just don't know what to say.

Take care
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Welcome Thedora

wow! you are so wise beyond your years..Thank you for your positive post. Staying positive is one of the best medicines.

Take care and hope to see more of you often
            Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Thank you all

Thank you everyone for your kind replies. I'm so glad that my post made you all feel a little bit better..

To answer your question Alicious, I had my first injection the previous Friday and I still haven't got used to it so the symptoms are still tiring.. I had a slight fever and I was feeling tired all the time for no reason.. But, the symptoms only lasted for a day so I don't really mind..
              Groucho Marx

Comment

Welcome.

That was a very mature post, and I would have never placed you at 16.
                There were no "ya knows" or text shorts like "u r luky"...hahahaha.

Comment

So awkward! I think people who say things like this just don't know what to say, but do have the best of intentions.

A friend of my daughter's who knows that my daughter is adopted, only recently learned about my MS dx said she couldn't wait to meet me.

I think she imagined a dying martyr sprouting angelic wings or something. I couldn't be more removed from that sterotype. All I thought was what a disappointment I was going to be.

Welcome and good luck with your treatment.

Comment

Hello there Theodora;

I was very impressed with your post. You reminded me of my daughter, who is the same age. She doesn't understand what all MS is but she sure understands having a positive attitude about it. She is a real inspiration to me.

You have figured out at a early age to go with the flow...take a negative and turn it into a positive. You will do well. But like someone said remember to have your "woe is me" days. We all have them, and it's ok. Makes those good days even better.

Look forward to seeing and reading your uplifting posts. I also would love to see you in chat, though it can be a bit overwhelming at first. They are good people and all mean well.

Thanks, AnnaMae

Comment

Nice avatar. Are you a Pulp fan?

About the Avonex. It will get much better with time, don't worry.

Welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by GandalfRA View Post
                        Nice avatar. Are you a Pulp fan?

About the Avonex. It will get much better with time, don't worry.

Welcome.
                        Thank you.. I love Pulp.
                        Everyone keeps telling me that about Avonex so I guess I'll have to wait..
                        Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                        X