Discouraged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discouraged

Hi, I am new to this site but had to find a place where other people knew what i was going through and feeling. I was diagnosed with MS in march of this year and have already tried two different treatments and am getting discouraged with the treatment options for ms. I was on copaxone for the first 4 months then started having adverse reactions to it so my dr put me on rebif. I took it for six weeks and it was six weeks of horrible pain and frustration. I couldn't take it anymore and stopped all meds last week. Waiting to hear from my doctor to find out what to do next. Any suggestions? I have read about some other options but everything has horrible side effects and I just don't know if it's worth if. I am considering nothing for now because I feel worse on the meds.

Welcome KGage

sorry you a reason to join us and are having some many problems with side effects. Maybe you can take a smaller dosage to start out...were you premedicating? It's amazing how Ibuprofen (or similar)_ taken at the time of injection lessens the side effects..

I don't know what your side effects were, but they do ease with time.

Don't 'give up' we all get discouraged sometimes..this site is great to 'unload' and then go on with your life ..

There have been many changes in the last 20 years..The first medicine (Betaseron) has only been available for 18 years. There's better treatments and a possible cure in the future, so stay with a program and come back often.

Take care KGage
    Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

KGage,

Glad you found MSWorld. I am sorry that you are experiencing so many side effects and adverse reactions.
      As was mentioned earlier, there ARE MANY treatments, so please don't give up hope!
      Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

WELCOME KGAGE!!!!! Great to have you but sorry why. As far as your choices for a new med go, I would listen to your Dr. We don't know your background so would it would be hard to make a suggestion. As mentioned earlier, this is a great place for support, understanding, or to just vent out your frustrations. Good luck
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

KGage,
          I am glad you turned to this board. We know what you are going through. Sorry for you situation. I am dx'd with PPMS and there are no meds approved for my MS form.
          I am trying to treat my MS with diet and exercise. This may be a course you may want to check out. You can choose to improve your diet along with taking one of the approved meds. Don't give up. We are all pulling for you. Good luck

Comment

discouaged

Kgage welcone to the site. Glad to have you here but sorry for the reason. It's easy to get discouaged especially when things don't seem to be going smoothly. I would like to echo what others have said, there are several choices for medications and I'm sure you and your Dr. can find the one that fits. Dale
            Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

As soon as you accept life will not be the same, things will get better or you will get used to your simptoms. The is still a life out there, we just have to adapt to our new selves.

Hope you get better.

Comment

Working...
              X