bunny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bunny

Hi I am 53y/o diagnosed in 2004. I have a great husband for 31 years and 3 wonderful sons. I have been a registered nurse for 31 years, have worked in obstetrics, cross trained in all 3 areas, labor del, postpartum and nursery.

I have been able to remain active since being diagnosed, which I thank God for that! I have been taking Copaxone since diagnosed, has worked well.

This past sept had my first relapse, and now my neuro wants me to switch to gileyna. I am still in the testing phase but very concerned because of the decrease in heart rate, mine heart rate on average is only 64, that doesn't leave much room for it to drop any feedback? This is the first time on this site not to sure how everything works yet.
    ** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Welcome bunny

Hi busy lady!! I can't speak to your question on gileyna..I am just surprised you're being switched after one relapse ....

Hope the new med works as well and better for you, including no drop in your heart rate.

Take care
    Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Hi and welcome,
      There are plenty of nurses with MS and we even have a section here although it doesn't get much action right now.

If your physician is comfortable trying the new medication I'd consider it although I would likely get a second opinion first. You might be a decent candidate in that you would be a reliable historian regarding monitoring your HR for bradycardia.

Although I do consider side effect profiles I also try to keep in mind that not every person will have a listed reaction. Good luck with whatever you decide!
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Welcome bunny,
        I can't speak to your dilemma. I am dx'd PPMS. There is no approved meds for my form. I am happy to hear that you have been able to stay employed in the nursing profession despite your dx. I hope you find the right med. Good luck

Comment

bunny

i replied in another thread about your questions on Gilenya. I have been a nurse for over 20 yrs. I worked in dr offices, the ed (my fav) and as an educator.

I no longer work. I stopped working in 07. I just couldnt do it full time anymore. I caught all kinds of bugs in the hospital.
          I did tysabri for over 4yrs and i am JC+ never had any real problems and it was working for me very well but my dr and dh wanted me to switch since I am JC+
          So 3 weeks on gilenya and i guess diarreha is the worst problem.

and welcome i too just joined

Comment

Welcome bunny: I do not have any words of wisdom either. What does the neuro advise? I think you have to have a cardiac workup anyway, so perhaps you will get to have that question answered sooner than later.

Good luck and glad you came!
            Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
            SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
            Tysabri

Comment

Working...
            X