Hello world!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello world!

Hello! My name is David, and I've been diagnosed with MS 4 months ago.

It started with optic neuritis and (with all gratitude)
    on the day I went to the hospital, the doctors (with 3 MRIs) were able to diagnose me right away and start treatments.

Of course, it was a huge blow to me and my family...
    But, I look forward to what life has in store for me!

As an undergraduate student in college, it can really be tiring and hectic with MS... Getting paranoid over every anomaly of my body...
    But! As many have re-uttered, health is the state of mind!

Optimism! Lots of sunshine and smiles! We can fight through this!

I see that a lot of people on this forum are not as fortunate, and all I can say is

Fight on! You are not alone!

so refreshing

yeah bring it on Dave!

what are u studying?

i'd like to clarify something though

"uni is tiring and hectic, with or without MS, but with MS it's likely to be more so"

although i don't know when my MS started or even if it's MS yet (limbo land) I'm pretty sure it's been going on at least 4 years. for me that meant I did an entire semester with migraines, constipation and tremors, while going through a break up. i got good marks too and now i have a degree but am a bit too sick to do much with it just yet except ruminate over how ironic it was that i aced a neuroscience final exam whilst in the throws of what was probably an MS exacerbation.

so yeah you WILL get your degree and kick *** but take a little advice - go as slow as you need to, so you can use your degree when it's finished.
    ---------
    Wishing everyone luck and as many good days as possible.

Comment

Hi David! It's great that you were able to get a diagnosis and start treatment right away. If they caught it early, this can mean a better prognosis I've heard.
      It was a blow to my family at first too, but I'm fortunate enough that MS has been in the remitting state for a while. If I look ok, they assume I'm ok and that's ok with me. I'm still working on getting past the fear of every mild symptom becoming worse too. I wish you the best of luck!

Comment

Welcome to MSWorld, David! We are glad you found us. Your quick dx sounds a lot like mine. Optic neuritis, trip to eye dr, pcp and MRI all in one day, then Dx the next day!

I appreciate hearing the optimism in your voice. Keep it going! It will serve you well through your journey.

Take care!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
        X