No announcement yet.

Your Opinion: Best Place to Live When You Have MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the snow, I saw a video on the web of a powerchair plowing snow, pretty cool.
    Bill
    Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

CHECK THIS OUT!

http://tankchair.net/ I'd love to have one of these here in the midwest...but, we'd have to win the lottery first!
      Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by andi b View Post
        Very temperate... only about 5-7 days per year above 80 degrees. summertimes mostly in the low 70s. A bit drizzly from time to time and we do get the big winds from Pacific storms, but the lack of heat in summer is wonderful... people around here complain bitterly on the very few 85 degree days we get.
        I second this motion, although I don't live on the Penninsula, but farther inland. Lots of transplants living here coming here from hot humid summers who can't stand the heat and humidity. Beautiful country and lots to do if you are the outdoorsy type. The rain doesn't bother me and contrary to what some say, it doesn't rain all the time....just enough to keep things green, fresh and growing! That's why we call it the Evergreen State!

Folks are generally laid back and lots of support for the MS community thru NMSS. (There are lots of MSer's here and the ones I've met are "transplants" trying to evade the heat and humidity from other parts) Eastern WA is nice too, but does get hotter!

Good luck on your searching!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I am a Arizona native, I don't live in Phx the reallly hot part, or Flagstaff the cold part. I am in the middle and most of the time it is nice but the summers are pretty hot averages about 10 degrees cooler then Phx. Summers are can be pretty miserable.

I really wanted to post that I have several family members that live in Washington St. And I really love the Wanachee area. Pretty much that whole region along river there, But I am not sure if the about the winters becase the few times I have been ther has been either spring or summer. For those of you that live in wash. what would you say about the chelan/wanachee valley areas winters?
          COURAGE IS BEING SCARED TO DEATH- BUT SADDLING UP ANYWAY ~JOHN WAYNE~

Comment

My vote is for. . .

the Central California Coast - San Luis Obispo county. I live near San Jose, CA which is north of that by about 180 miles. While the Bay Area is close to perfect weatherwise, SLO County is perfect. It rarely goes below 50 on even the coldest of winter days and is a temperate Mediterranean climate otherwise - mid 70s to mid 80s. The cost of housing is less than that of the Bay Area or the L.A. area also. It is the home of a major university (Cal Poly) so it has a lot to offer educationally and culturally. It is about 1.5 hours from Santa Barbara and 3 hours from L.A.

Comment

I have lived all over the US

They say AZ is the best weather! I lived in San Diego and agree it is just perfect! I didnt have any MS episodes there and lived there 8 years. When I lived in Dallas when I was young, I bew off the testing because I wasnt willing to be sick!!!
              Now I am in the Chicago area and the humidity really kills me! I was finally tested and probably did have MS in Dallas and in San Diego. I had attacks in Dallas without knowing it but never had one in San Diego!!!

You need to make 6 figures to be comfortable in San Diego! Unless you do not have childeren

Comment

Originally posted by opiegirl View Post
                Hey Tommy,
                I live in Eagle County, love it here, 6,600Ft.

We did live in CA for 8 years. The coast is beautiful, but WAY too many people. Going camping was a joke. Here we can be out in the wilderness in just a matter of minutes.
                I live on the top of Monument hill. (between Denver and Colorado Springs.)
                It is a high open plain with lots of forest around. We have a view of the front range that looks like a postcard and open space is right outside my door..... but it takes about an hour to run to the grocery and back so there are some drawbacks.

It has been a great place to raise our son. Lots of outdoor activities,little TV, easy to control what people he hangs out with,etc. (very sheltered).

Still it would be nice to live somewhere where I could get food delivered when I don't want to cook.

Most places have their good and bad points. It is not perfect but it is the best place I have ever called home.

Comment

Where to live on depends on what effects you the most. (Heat, Cold, Humidity, etc)
                  For me personally I love San Diego. There is not much of a weather change here. (I can not handle weather changes thats what effects me most.)

Comment

Originally posted by jessiesmom View Post
                    the Central California Coast - San Luis Obispo county. I live near San Jose, CA which is north of that by about 180 miles. While the Bay Area is close to perfect weatherwise, SLO County is perfect. It rarely goes below 50 on even the coldest of winter days and is a temperate Mediterranean climate otherwise - mid 70s to mid 80s. The cost of housing is less than that of the Bay Area or the L.A. area also. It is the home of a major university (Cal Poly) so it has a lot to offer educationally and culturally. It is about 1.5 hours from Santa Barbara and 3 hours from L.A.
                    this is where I live and I love it. the temperature is perfect for ms (for me anyways). I do get heat issues and wear a cooling vest and this is on days when we get into the mid 80's so I couldn't imagen it any worse or with hummidity!
                    dx ms 2002

Comment

I've only ever lived in Oregon, and though the summers are perfect, it is very damp much of the year. I've found it interesting that cases of MS are much higher in the Northwest than any other place . . . climate? Very odd. I would love to be on the CA coast! Nice ocean breeze sounds wonderful.
                      Linda

Comment

I have been around the block a time or two, i find western wa a great place to live , never to cold for me i sit in my truck with the ac on when it gets over 40

Comment

Working...
                        X