And now .....Spina Bifida Occulta and scoliosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now .....Spina Bifida Occulta and scoliosis

I had one level of my lumbar surgery last week and they did x-rays. The doc told me I have Spina Bifida Occulta and scoliosis. I know it is the mildest form of Spina Bifida. Has anyone else been informed that they have Spina Bifida Occulta? Is there is links between MS and Spina Bifida Occulta? So now in addition to lesions in the brain and cervical spine, and a sprinx, I get to add Spina Bifida Occulta and scoliosis to the list. Sometimes I wonder if someone has a voodoo doll of me.......
    Diagnosed RRMS 6/21/2013
    Devices: Roller/Walker, Nov 2013:
    Started Avonex July 2013

Carolina Girls - "Best in the World"

correction, it is a syrinx....not a sprinx.
    Diagnosed RRMS 6/21/2013
    Devices: Roller/Walker, Nov 2013:
    Started Avonex July 2013

Carolina Girls - "Best in the World"

Comment

My youngest daughter has spina bifida occulta.
      She fell off of her bed when she was about 10 or so and her back was still hurting quite a while later so we took her to the Dr just to be sure she didn't injure something. That was when they found it. The Dr said she more than likely would have never known she had it ever in her life without an x-ray. So we don't worry about it.

I have scoliosis, very mild.
      DX 10/26/11

Comment

It's not rare for asymptomatic spina bifida occulta or scoliosis to show up on X-rays done for other reasons. If there were problems as a result, they'd have been diagnosed earlier so I think you do not have to worry meb62. But ask your personal doctors if you have any concerns.

Comment

I was given the dx of scoliosis last year, after a surgery to relieve the nerve between L1 and L2. I had a laminectomy and a discectomy. Then, at my surgery follow-up appointment the surgeon commented , somewhat off-handedly, my scoliosis seems to be OK ( for the time being ).

Comment

Working...
          X