Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here

Hey all,
    My name is Crystal. I was diagnosed with MS in 2007. I'm a very optimistic person and try to not let this disease get the best of me I first noticed something was wrong when the vision in my right eye changed dramatically. After many doctors appointments and getting poked and prodded I was finally told I had MS. I knew nothing about the disease and was pretty freaked out, luckily I had an amazing neurologist who was very optimistic and explained pretty much everything to me.

Since 2007 I have been on Avonex and am currently on Rebif. At my last doctors appointment I talked to my neurologist about switching to Tecfidera. I'm a little nervous about the switch but it is becoming so difficult to do the injections. I am lucky in that I have an amazing husband who helps me with the shots when I'm having trouble.

I haven't had a flare-up in a few years. I mostly just notice the fatigue I've been having lately. At 30 years old I shouldn't be ready for bed at 4pm

I've never been on one of these forums so I thought I would give it a chance. When I was first diagnosed I was trying to go solo but the longer I have MS the more I realize that I need support, especially from people who are going through the same thing as me.

I look forward to getting to know a lot of you

Welcome Crystal,

Hi Crystal,

Welcome to MSWorld but sorry for the reason you are here.

You will find these are a great bunch of people on here who are so supportive of each other.

I don't know what I would do without them.

Im from Punxsutawney, Pa - home of Phil - dx in 2012 with RRMS. Im 54 and female.

Hope to see you on chat sometime.

Just wanted to welcome you!
    STR

Comment

Hi and welcome!
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

WELCOME TO MS WORLD CRYSTAL!!!! it is great to have you here, but I am sorry why. Some of the best advice you will get will come from others that have MS and had dealt with the same issues. You will find that others here are kind and compassionate good luck
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hi Crick1029

Welcome Crystal! Glad you found the forum ..Great you are an optimistic person, a positive attitide is good medicine...

Take care
          Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome

Comment

Working...
            X