How many have cut out wheat and gluten?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many have cut out wheat and gluten?

I came across this info a while back when but wasn't sure what to think of it, then then I decided to try cutting out gluten for myself. I can't believe the difference I feel since going gluten-free. I'm curious how many of you have cut it out from your diet?

Here's a good video explaining gluten sensitivity and how it contributes to autoimmune conditions.

http://eatheallove.com/2013/07/27/gl...ne-conditions/

yup

I have cut out gluten. It was hard in the beginning, not hard at all now 2 years later. More fresh food, non processed, bread is something I do not really miss. For days when I really want it, there are enough gf loaves for sale.

I have not noticed a difference in how I feel physically.

Mentally/emotionally, being gluten free is a HUGE boost. In the face of this awful infringement on my daily living, I have at least one aspect that I can control.

Feeling in control of something is priceless to me.

karen
    You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Comment

Count me in.

The best thing I have done in a long time.
      I don't have any urges to eat wheat.
      Maybe .5% of our groceries come in a box/can, we make everything from scratch.
      Digestively I have seen a huge change.
      As for the MS & psoriasis I have not seen much of a change.
      Just had my annual physical and my good cholesterol is finally at the lower end of acceptable (usually way low) and the ldl is slightly elevated considering where the hdl is.
      Triglycerides are through the roof still, which is weird since I eat minimal fruits and eat no refined sugar and so I am working on figuring that out as I do not need another case of pancreatitis.

I do feel I have regulated my sleep patterns too, I am tired and go to bed at a reasonable hour, wake up feeling like I can take on the the world, okay maybe just the shower.
      1995-symptoms with no cause
      2000-diagnosed with Probable MS.
      2000/1-started Avonex
      2002-Rebif b/c increasing brain plaques
      Nov-13-Tecfidera b/c needle fatigue&sympt

Comment

Working...
      X