Newly Diagnosed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newly Diagnosed

Hello all. I am 42 and recently diagnosed with RRMS in mid June. I am a RN working in the medical surgical field. I was only familiar with MS from the few patients I have taken care of who were all in very advanced stages of MS, so I was quite scared until I researched MS. I am glad to know there are so many treatments and people living wonderful lives with MS. I was thrilled to have found this site to share and learn how MS progresses for others. Thanks to all who share and support. The knowledge and feedback is so helpful.

Welcome to MS World CMK8! I am your age, a nurse also, but was diagnosed about 10 years ago. It is always hard when first diagnosed to decide where to put this thingin our lives. I am glad you joined! We have lots of places to ask questions about your MS and its issues where you can get answers that will help you and many that will be in a similar place as you. We also have chat rooms that are very helpful. You also harbor answers for others questions that will be helpful to them!

What medication are you on, or do you take one yet?

Good luck this early in your disease! We are here to help!

Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Warm welcome.

Thank you for the warm welcome 22cyclist! It is so nice to have a place to go for resources and support. Only someone going through what we all are can really understand. I am so new to this disease that I'm unsure of what is a symptom or side effect and this site is helping me differentiate the two. I am currently on Copaxone. Started the end of June. I had flu-like symptoms that were pretty debilitating. Extreme fatigue, slight fevers with chills and hot flashes, and terrible headaches. I am currently on a week hiatus from the med. I will start again tonight at one injection every other day to try and build up a tolerance to the side effects. Is hard to fathom, other than neuropathy in my legs and feet, tingling and buzzing, and fatigue I have no symptoms of MS and now I am on a drug that makes me feel horrible. Ugh!

Comment

Welcome CMK8~ it's nice to meet you! It's surprising that you had these reactions from Copaxone and hoping after the week off, you can tolerate it. Let us know how it goes!

As a nurse, you might be interested in our Health Care Professionals forum - you should introduce yourself or familiarize yourself there as well! http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=77

Keep well and again, welcome
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thanks for the information on the health professionals forum. I am trying Copaxone 3 days a week for 2 weeks to see if I can build a tolerance to my side effects. I took one week off and start week 2 of 3x a week injections. So far it's been alright. Still am getting headaches but not as bad as before. I'm hoping I can continue with the medication. I'm looking forward to Copaxone being ordered as 3 times a week! Those injection site reactions are absolutely no fun.

Comment

Working...
          X