A Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Newbie

Hi everyone! My name is Lizzie and I'm 31 years-old. I am single and right now I stay with my parents and our two dogs, two turtles and a bunch of guppies that just gave birth to even more guppies. I work for the local health care system as a Central Scheduler. Basically I answer the phone for the physician group and decide how to triage the call.

Health-wise I have a lot problems. I have degenerative disc disease and have had two back surgeries already including a 2-level fusion; I have left ventricular hypertrophy (a heart condition); I have multiple stomach ulcers; I have PCOS; and I'm in that lovely land of limbo for MS. I came here because even though I haven't been officially diagnosed with MS, that's where they're leaning right now because of all of my symptoms. I had my first brain MRI on Thursday at the ER (because I work for the system they bumped me in) and that doctor said it was inconclusive and but he said that means nothing in the world of MS and a neurologist might even say otherwise so who knows what that means and YOU ALL might have something different to say to all of that too. I just wanted to come here though to try and get some perspective from those who have been there and from those who are going through it too.

Otherwise, I love to read, tend to be shy at first in "real life", am goofy, and have a huge heart. I really look forward to getting to know everyone!!
    Lizzie

Greeting Lizzie and welcome to MSWorld! I'm sorry you have a host of health problems on top of possible MS. It sounds like you have a good attitude however and that is crucial.

Have you checked out our Limbo Landers and newly diagnosed forum. If not, here's a link http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100

You'll get lots of support and information there as well as in all our forums. We also have chat! Explore the boards and ask any question you may have. We're here to help

Take care
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi and welcome, Lizzie! This is a great board!
      Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Thank you for the welcome and I've gone and checked out the Limbo Landers area -- thank you VERY much for giving me the head's up on that section!!
        Lizzie

Comment

Working...
        X