Coconut Oil and MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coconut Oil and MS

Someone called me tonight and was all excited because, her mother who was showing signs of Alzheimer's, has shown improvement within a month. She told me that she met a Neurologist who did a study on Coconut Oil and Alzheimer's. My friend has been giving her mom 2 tbls. every day. A month ago she couldn't count 12 quarters, yesterday she counted 100!
    In talking to the Neurologist she was told that it also has benefits in MS. I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of this or knows someone who has tried it?
    I would very much like to get a conversation going about this.
    Thank you! Rev. Adelle
    "All things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to His purpose."
    Romans 8:28

I take 3,000mg of coconut oil in capsules (Swansons brand) every day based on what I read about Alzheimer's too.

I figure it can't hurt, it's inexpensive, but I have no idea if it helps on it's own because I take lot's of other stuff for MS as well.

I recommend you do some research regarding Curcumin and MS and it's connection to Alzheimers's as well as Alpha Lipoic Acid, whch is actually in clinical trial for SPMS.

Acetyl L Carnitine has been shown to be neuro-protective and of possible application to Alzheimer's.

Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) usually helps MS patients with cognitive problems ("brain fog") shortly after taking it along with an improvement in fatigue.

Comment

Working...
    X