7-day Solumedrol treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7-day Solumedrol treatment

I've been on consistent steroids since 2006, but here lately, my 1,000mg of Solumedrol has been changed from five days to seven days. Out of curiosity, how long have you been on Solumedrol at one time?
    Melissa--Betaseron 2007-2010; Novantrone 2008; Tysabri 2010-2012; Rituxan 2012; Tecfidera 2015; Currently-No DMD

Healer is my GOD!

Originally posted by tired_teacher View Post
    I've been on consistent steroids since 2006, but here lately, my 1,000mg of Solumedrol has been changed from five days to seven days. Out of curiosity, how long have you been on Solumedrol at one time?
    For IV, only three days, for oral steroids up to 7 days.

Comment

Hello tired_teacher,

I am unsure why your Doctor has been prescribing steroids consistently for the last 8 years at 1000mg 5x and now 7x. Steroids do not change the course of the disease.

In my personal opinion your steroid usage is quite excessive and possible unnecessary. However, I don't know anything about your MS history.

Normal usage is 1000mg for 3 to 5 days for exacerbations. There are those that do "pulse" steroids but there is usually a limit.

Information about the use of steroids:
      http://staging.nationalmssociety.org...ids/index.aspx
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
      X