Sinus infection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sinus infection

I have been on gilenya for five weeks. I am just getting over this sinus infection I have had for three weeks. One week of doxycycline and 3 days of prednisone. I think it's just a coincidence that I got a sinus infection. Spring is here and the temperature change always does it to me.
    But I have to ask if others have had an increase in respiratory/sinus infections when starting gilenya?
    How long does it take for the gilenya to reach a therapuatic level (start working)?

I think it's too soon for Gilenya to have made a big change. (usual disclaimers, I'm not a doctor.)

My experience with it is that I do get more, short infections. A minor scrape will get more red, last longer. I'm getting chest infections where I never used to. They heal.

I've taken to gargling with salt water whenever I suspect a problem might be starting, and slowly drinking a shot of medicinal whiskey every evening, as well as being obsessive about hand washing etc. So far I'm seeing benefit from G, and it's very easy to take, but definitely looking at options.

Comment

Getting over stuff...

I've been on G for the past 2 years with no leisions! :-) My trouble is I feel that I'm sick all the time (doesn't help that I'm a special ed teacher and the kids are always passing on the illnesses). I've had a cold that's stuck around for a month and now the pollen is killing me. I've been trying to get off all the Rx and be more holistic.

My boyfriend has noticed that I'm always sick though

Comment

I have been on G since Jan. 2010 I have noticed some increased infections, eg. got my first ever UTI about 6 months after starting. For the most part though I don't seem to get sick much more often than before however when I do it takes much longer to shake it off. A simple cold will take me weeks to get over long after everyone else in the house is better.

I do take olive leaf and vitamin D daily which may account for not seeing an increase in illness.
        Rise up this mornin, Smiled with the risin sun, Three little birds Pitch by my doorstep Singin sweet songs Of melodies pure and true, Sayin, (this is my message to you-ou-ou

Comment

Working...
        X