No announcement yet.

Kristy Cruise on 60 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know about the chemo. I didn't readanything about 'ablation'. All that I know is that they chose their trial participants from their own patient list.

Comment

'But on a positive note, the Tisch Center in NYC is doing a stem cell replacement trial that is only using PPMS and SPMS patients.'

That is such good news for so many patients. I'm RR with doc holding back on the SPMS dx to keep treatment options open, like a few others here.

Comment

How do they (Tisch) determine whether treatment has worked on PPMS/SPMS when their criteria requires pretty stable disease? I mean, I know that they require an MRI 27 months after the last treatment but I know there are people who don't progress very quickly or plateau for a period of time.

- Significant disability shown by an Expanded Disability Status Score (EDSS) of 3.0 or greater that was not acquired within the last 12 months

- Stable disease state as evidenced by a lack of gadolinium-enhancing lesions on an MRI and by a stable MRI disease burden (number of T2 lesions and size of lesions) in the last six months and no significant change in EDSS (1 point or more) in the last 12 months

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01933802

Comment

I read Meredith Vieira's husband is on the trial.
          Suspected MS 1985. dx 1994 still RRMS EDSS 1.0

Comment

Working...
          X