I REALLY NEED HELP AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I REALLY NEED HELP AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

I've only posted once before on here and it made me feel a little better. But this time is different. My girlfriend of almost 2 years has broken up with me. Before this I was feeling kind of depressed and wasn't always up to being active and up beat.

She told me I'm not fun to hang out with anymore and I just make her unhappy. Sometimes the smallest things have made me so upset and even angry. I love her with all my heart and I need her in my life.

Also I take once a week injections of avonex. Is it possible that this is making me so on edge? Should I go see my doctor about this? Also sometimes I have depressed thoughts and think about bad things. I really need help and I feel like I have no support. What should I do?

I think you should tell you PCP about your depression. I am on Celexa (an antidepressant). You need to know that depression is a symptom of MS. I think the shots have something to do with depression. I would get some treatment any way it is offered. Good luck

Comment

One of the side effects of Avonex is depression. I strongly urge you to call your doctor & be honest about the thoughts you are having.

If you are feeling really badly and can't wait for your doctor, call a friend, family member or neighbor. You can also call 1-800-273-TALK. They are available 24/7.

Break ups are always horrible. Especially when you aren't the one doing the breaking up. The loss is tough & it hurts but I promise you that it doesn't last forever. You'll find someone who will like you just the way you are now. You deserve someone who will appreciate you!
      Diagnosed: May 2012
      Medications: Avonex - stopped 12/14
      Plegridy - starting 12/14

Comment

So sorry Supertz844 that you are having such a rough time of it and that your gf is not there for you. As difficult as this time may feel, does not mean it will remain so. Therefore, it could be her loss in the long run.

YES, you can have depression and your description sounds like you need to see your doctor, any doctor as soon as you can. Are you having any suicidal thinking? Could mean you are having some chemical imbalances going on that are very treatable.

Now is the Avonex causing this? I would not know but perhaps others will come on to help in that area.

Depression is not uncommon with MS. I have had waves of it, leaving me very sad and tearful, but then it passes. IF these signs are lasting, and interfering with your life then it needs to be addressed. There are meds that help with your symptoms.

You can ask your primary doc to help if you are able to get in with your primary faster than your neuro..but.. I would also inform your neuro by leaving a message with his triage RN.

Again, we're here for you, you are not alone. You knew enough to come on here and ask for help..good for you!
        It will NOT always be this way.. you can and will feel better.

Hugs in the meantime,

Let us know how you are doing okay?

Jan
        I believe in miracles~!
        2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
        Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Originally posted by Supertzi44 View Post
          Also I take once a week injections of avonex. Is it possible that this is making me so on edge? Should I go see my doctor about this? Also sometimes I have depressed thoughts and think about bad things. I really need help and I feel like I have no support. What should I do?
          One of the possible side affects of Avonex is depression. I know. I was on it for 6 years when I was first dx and didn't even realize how the depression was creeping in. So, it is possible, but just to be sure, talk with your Dr. about this! I also went to a therapist for a couple years for support and took anti-depressants. It made all the difference for my well-being.

I am truly sorry you are having a rough time, but remember you DO have support here. We get it!! And please keep us posted on how it's going - OK?
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

valerie

Hi Supertzi44! DO NOT DESPAIR! Yes, depression is a side-effect of Avonex. And guess what, Depression is also a common symptom experienced by MS patients. The disease of MS may also cause depression as a symptom of MS; A double mind-******! I take 2 anti-depressants and a mood stabilizer.

Yes I think you should o to your doctor (neurologist).

You can get support from the MS Society to which you belong.
            Or I would suggest support group or individual counseling.

The breakup with your girlfriend sounds like a major stressor!
            It could bri ng on an exacerbation. I would make an appt. with
            your neurologist now and I bet things will be better in near future! KEEP THE FAITH!

Comment

help

I hope you are doing better and have seen someone since your post. I went through a similar situation when I separted from my wife. It is hard and don't minimize your feelings of depression like I did, it's nothing to play around with.
              Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

As the other posters have mentioned, definitely speak to your doctor about feelings of depression as Avonex has a known association with that.

I only have a little advice to give you about the girlfriend breaking up with you - the wrong people have to leave you to make room for the right ones. Hope you feel better soon, will keep you in my prayers.
                Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
                UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

Working...
                X