New to board not MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to board not MS

My name is Kim. I am a 44 year old wife and mother of two teenage girls. I was dx 6/23/2008. Was on Avonex until Nov 2011. Started Gilenya Feb of this year ( Avonex just seemed to quit working ) and seem to be doing okay for now or as good as can be.
    I love reading posts here so finally decided to join in.
    Kim,
    Dx 6/23/08 Avonex 7/08 - 11/11
    Gilenya 02/12 - present

Welcome to the message boards, glad you decided to post.

I am Tracy, I was dxed june of this year. I started Copaxone right away, but have had a reaction. So am meeting with neuro to see what the next step on this journey is.

Look forward to reading your posts. I am a 50 year old mom of a teenager....what was I thinking. Gotta love her though. She is my pride and joy.

Talk to you later, Tracy

Comment

Hello GA Girl

My name is Aretha and I was dx'd back in April 2005 with RR MS. I got divorced shortly after being dx'd and with the newness of the disease and divorce it was not easy but I have strong family support.

I was on Rebif and had a bad relapse in January of this yr. Starting Monday I will be on Tysabri. I am the mother of 3 girls and I raised my 2 nieces. Now I am a grandmother of 2 beautiful girls! I have been a member of MS World since March 2012 but this is my first post.

In the past I haven't really talked about my condition because some of my family was uncomfortable with it. Recently I realized I needed to talk to someone that understood my ups and downs, good and bad days.

I enjoy reading, playing the piano ( not good yet) and being as active in the church. Just wanted to say Hello from PA

Comment

Registered Member

Hello...I am fairly new to posting here but I was dx in Sept. 2006. I am a mom of three girls. My oldest was just married this August and my others are in 8th and 6th grades. They keep me smiling!

Comment

Hello Ga girl and a warm welcome to MSWorld!! So glad you introduced yourself I'm glad to heat that Gilenya works for you! Brave woman with 2 teenager girls - I hope they are a great support system for you. When I was dx, my daughter was 17 at the time and very angry at me for having MS Now, she is one of my best supporters

Hope you come back more often! Take care~~
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

What a welcome

It's nice to hear from others about MS. My teenage girls are a big help. We already did chores together so we still do, they just help a little more. They understand alot of what I am going thru because they are smart and educate themselves. They read and also ask me questions.
            I am looking forward to having conversations with you guys and being able to vent periodically. I am a good listener also. Thanks for making me feel really welcomed.
            Kim,
            Gilenya 02/12 - present

Comment

Ga_Girl....

Glad you found your way here and am very happy to hear that your girls ask questions and are educating them selves about MS. That really is so important.

My daughter also asks questions, she jokes with me a lot which I think helps us both, in fact the other day she said to me "so Mom MS effects your cognitive skills" paused then said "that explains so much" My reply was "Meaning ????" We both laughed. She reads the books I have gotten when I am through, that's when the questions really come.

Good to hear that your daughters are willing to help out more at home to, I find my daughter very helpful. It's amazing how they have stepped up to the plate when needed . Seems like you and I have got good kids .

As far as the Husband goes for me, he took care of me for as long as he could I guess and then moved on. So at the time of my dxes he decides it is time to file for divorce. I am really ok with it.....surprised even myself on that, it wasn't easy at all in the beginning and I still have my moments , but it's for the best and I know that.

Look at me rambling on and on....I wanted to invite you to the chat room, it is a awesome place. Great people to ask questions of and to vent to . It can be a bit overwhelming when you first go in, due to the chatters there asking all about you. Once it calms down though I think you will find it inviting and the people there helpful, I have made some real friends there , who understand me, feel how I feel. Its nice. Stop in sometime.

Take care, hope to see you sometime in chat. I am usually on in the evening since I am on the west coast. Nice talking to you. Tracy

Comment

AnnaMae7

Yes it does seem we have some great kids. My girls are 14 and 17. As for husbands, I thinks mine tries sometimes but he has been disabled for a long time and it seems no ones pains or problems are as severe as his (according to him) so I have little room to complain at my house. Alot of my feelings I keep to myself.
                I have tried the chat rooms. I pop in occasionally and yes, I do get the questions quickly. I thinks its awesome that someone wants to know about me. I kind of forget about my problems and look forward to finding about others.
                Kim,
                Gilenya 02/12 - present

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaMae7 View Post
                  Welcome to the message boards, glad you decided to post.

I am Tracy, I was dxed june of this year. I started Copaxone right away, but have had a reaction. So am meeting with neuro to see what the next step on this journey is.

Look forward to reading your posts. I am a 50 year old mom of a teenager....what was I thinking. Gotta love her though. She is my pride and joy.

Talk to you later, Tracy
                  Welcome GA Girl.
                  So glad you have chosen to join MSWorld.
                  Posts by you will help the conversation of MS.

Not to rob your thread, please let me as a question to AnnaMae:
                  AnnaMae, are you stopping Copaxone because of one reaction??
                  Was it an IPIR?
                  One reaction doesn't always mean changing treatments.
                  Copaxone has very few severe side effects and gets better over time.
                  I just don't want you to give up on of the the easiest meds we have.

Again, welcome GA Girl.
                  Glad Gilenya is working for you.

Comment

Twisterred,

Thanks for your input. I don't plan on giving up on Copaxone. I knew right away that it was IPIR, the issue is the place that I am at wants me to see my Neuro before continuing it, I know what she will say.....why are you here, but they need a new order from her now.

So please know I plan on continuing. I told the staff what I was having when it was happening. They we ready to send me to the hospital but I informed them it would pass in 15 minutes and if it didn't then I would go.

So I am doing what is needed to get back on track, but thank you for your concern......AnnaMae7

Comment

Working...
                    X