Internal Temperature changes 24/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internal Temperature changes 24/7

Hi, my name is Alex and I have been living with MS for 18 years. A few months ago, while I was on GILENYA, I started to experience a new weird sensation of being internally warm or cold all the time.
    Then my neuro took me off GILENYA becase my liver enzymes were going up and put me on COPAXONE at the new 40ml dose 3 times per week but the body temperature sensations did not changed at all.
    We tried lowering the dose to 20ml 3 times per week for a while but that did not do anything.

I had blood work to check my hormone levels and everything came out OK.

So my question is:

Has anybody else experience this sensation of internal temperature changes?

I guess it feels like the changes women undergo during menopause. That would be my best way to describe this.

Thank you for reading and will appreciate any comments.

It seems like i ask my doctor about this same 'overheated' sensation every time I am in the doctor's office. I have not been given an answer that will solve the overheating feeling. My doctors all say that it is common in people with MS. So, I think I am stuck with it. Good luck

Comment

Dear Aldez,

I get this, but in my case it is a side effect of my cancer medicine. Nevertheless, I suspect that it feels worse because of my MS and certainly seems to coincide with suffering more of my MS symptoms. The other women I know who take this cancer medicine seem to be getting used to it more easily.

I'm old enough to have experienced the hot flashes of menopause. For me, this is worse. But I think feeling too hot or too cold is a common side effect of medicines.

Good luck to you.

Stay lifted,
      Mermaid
      "Life is short, and we have but little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us; so let us be swift to love, and make haste to be kind."

-Henri Amiel

Comment

Worse Than Menopause

I have seriously hot periods that last for minutes at a time about 15 to 20 times during the day and night. They wake me up and I turn on the overhead fan to cool off and during the day I have a fan by my chair. It is worse than the hot flashes during menopause. I don't know why this is but there seems to be nothing I can do to stop them.

Comment

Where are you lesions? Could there be one near the area that controls temperature? Don't know where that is but it's just a thought...something to look into.
          Susie

Eph 3:20-21

Comment

I have chills bad, especially in the morning and evenings. I shiver uncontrollably even in a hot room. I have had the chills since the begining. I now have heat sensitivity as well, I don't get hot flashes but can't handle high temperatures. It seems like I need to stay in a constant temp around 75 degrees.

Comment

Hot/Cold

I too have had this and it is unbearable at times but I have gotten somewhat accustom to it.

My hubby likes it when I get hot, the old lady's clothes just come off

My chiropractor suggested, of all things .. water!

I found that I was not drinking enough .. thought I was ... but really was not.

I have graduated up to a gallon a day (gallon milk jug slowly drinking it throughout the day and the temp sensitivity seems to have diminished a little.

My chiropractor said it also might come from the meds I take. He said and as we all know too well, that our meds take a toll on us after a while.

Water seems to have help me. I also changed my eating habits to not include so much sugar. Especially sucralose and high fructose corn syrup.

And so far, it has kept me on an even keel

Now, that is not to say I haven't had the flucuations, but it has lessened somewhat.

Let you know how it goes, as I am also making sure my body isn't vitamin/mineral deficient because of my meds.

My pcp monitors my tests every 6 months, as I do not take over the counter vitamins/minerals without her knowledge as they can harm you, especially when your body doesn't need them.

Praying for you all
              God Bless
              STR

Comment

Working...
              X