Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modafinil (Provigil)

Hi,

I am taking Modafinil for MS fatigue and it has helped.
    Does anyone know another route I can go in obtaining this medicine for cheaper? Our newer insurance does not cover this and today I had to pay out of pocket $281 for it...ugh!
    It is only a 15 day supply but I take 50 mg only, 1/2 the dose so it can last me 30 days.

Thanks, Nikki
    Nikki

Hi Nikki,
    It can be prescribed for people who work nights and have trouble staying awake. I think it is called night shift sleep disorder. Back when I was working, I was on the night shift and got approval for it that way. I don't know if that helps.

Comment

Try to call a WalMart or Walgreen pharmacy and ask for thr price. Also, check the prices at other pharmacies. Good luck

Comment

Thank you Jerry D and golfore! I will try those suggestions and see if this can help.

I'll keep you posted on this!

Nikki
        Nikki

Comment

You could also look into ordering it thru a Canadian pharmacy. The copays are much lower. They will require a prescription to process. Once set up, they can handle renewals easily until your Rx expires.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Wow, that's great to know, thanks! Nikki
            Nikki

Comment

PennStater

Do you mind sharing the Canadian price fo Provigil? As you most likely know, it costs thousands here.

Comment

The last time I ordered, it was for 3 mos and was for 100 mg tablet twice a day. It was $281 total plus shipping from pharmacy in India. I used pharmaweb Canada. It was a year ago. I actually was provided the pharmacy name by my primary physician as he orders his elderly parents meds from them to avoid medicare Rx gap. You could ask your doctors if they have recommendations.
                Kathy
                DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thanks again for all the replies!
                  Nikki

Comment

Trying it!

Hi Nicoly!

Never heard of that drug. Going to mention it to the Doc on my next check up. None of the others helped me. BOO!!!! Excersising helps a little. For most of the time I feel like mush...mush. There's days taking a shower is so much effort. A two hour production including putting make up on if I go out!

Hope your'e doing well...

Susie Q.

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                    RRMS
                    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Hi Susie,

Sorry to hear about your fatigue. I can relate how exhausting the fatigue is. It sucks the life out of me and I have no energy to do anything except lie down and stare at the ceiling. I get so sick of that. Ugh!!!

Re: Provigil (Modafinil)-I take 50 mg/day in the morning around 9 am. The tablets come as 100 mg but when I took the 100 mg it made me feel too hyper so the 50 mg works great, however I still get some daily fatigue but it is much more tolerable and I am not as sleepy.

Hopefully your doctor can prescribe this and you can see what amount works for you; Some people take a higher amount and that is ok too.

Nikki
                      Nikki

Comment

Can't afford!

Sorry Nicoly...... You mentioned the a name of a drug I was not familiar with and it must be the generic. I just can't afford Provigil. Glad it is working somewhat for you. I've never tried those 5 hpour Energy drinks and am going to ask the Doc about those. I'm on so many different type of medications I don't want to goof up for the ones that are working.

Have a good weekend...
                        Susie Q.

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                        RRMS
                        Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Help With Meds http://www.needymeds.org
                          Medication Interaction Checker http://reference.medscape.com/drug-interactionchecker
                          if anyone is interested in cross referencing your different medications.
                          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                          volunteer
                          MS World
                          hunterd@msworld.org
                          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Thanks Hunterd, that's helpful! Nikki
                            Nikki

Comment

Working...
                            X