Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone

Hi all,
    My name is Larry. I do not have MS, but have one daughter, 25, who was diagnosed 18 months ago, and a second daughter, 28, who just has her first MRI with suspicious lesions. She is waiting for first appointment with a Neurologist.

I am a dentist. I am 57, and have been married for 34, soon to be 35 years, to the same wonderful woman. We have three children, one son, and three daughters. The daughters with MS are the two youngest ones.

I joined this forum upon hearing the results of the MRI on my daughter last week. I found this forum looking for information on MS and trying to find the odds that another child may have it. My oldest daughter is scared to death now that she may get it.

Well, again hello. I have enjoyed reading all your posts, and my prayers and best wishes go out to everyone here.

Thanks,
    Larry
    Two daughters with MS

Nothing I say should be considered medical advice, just advice from a friendly concerned person.

Hello Larry

Hi and welcome, sorry to hear both your daughters are affected and at such a young age...Hope you and your family find answers...welcome
    Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Welcome to MSWorld, locolar!! I think it's wonderful that you joined us to help educate yourself about MS. It must be challenging as a father to have 2 young daughters diagnosed! You are to be commended for coming here and taking an interest in this disease for the sake of them.

The National MS Society www.nmss.org has a wealth of information that you and your daughters may be interested in as well.

Hang in there, "dad" and take care!
      We'd also love to have your daughters join us if are interested. This is a wonderful community!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi Larry,

I am truly sorry to hear that your daughters have MS.

I'm sure they are very frightened and unsure of the future as all of us felt when we were dx. This is a great place to find answers, post questions or just vent. I encourage your daughters to join. In as much as you want to help them and I commend you for being such a wonderful parent, no one knows what it's like to be in someone's body who has MS unless you have MS. While its true that everyone's MS is different, someone here will have at least have some experience similiar to that of your daughters and can relate to them. Once I realized that what I felt was " real" I knew wasnt crazy.

Best of luck to you and your family
        Sx's 5/1996 Dx'd 9/2011
        RRMS- Betaseron, Copaxone, Tecfidera, Aubagio
        Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all

Comment

Unsure of the future

My husband was diagnosed with MS last week. He had been having leg problems for almost a year and now he has a diagnosis.

He seems relieved on one hand to finally having a answer for the symptoms that he has been experiencing.

On the other hand it is scary beyond belief, even though he would never admit it out loud.

He is 65 and from what research I have done this is pretty rare.

So our new journey begins.

Comment

Working...
          X