Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medication to treat constant lower back pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medication to treat constant lower back pain?

What is the best way to treat the constant lower back pain which has been with me since one month after taking first Gilenya tablet on 26/10/2012?

I had back pain too but it did come to an end. I took ibuprofen. Just be sure it isn't a urinary tract infection or something else.

Comment

Back Pain

I have had lower back pain in the extreme. Caused me to be hospitalised and taken off Gilenya for a week. Back on Gilenya today. Neurologist doesn't think it was Gilenya, but i do think it has been. Will wait and see what the next few weeks brings?? My menstrual cycle has been out of whack too since starting Gilenya in October 2012. Neurologist and Novartis (the drug maker) don't believe that Gilenya affects the menstrual cycle, but it do. I will wait and see what this month brings in regards to my menstrual cycle. Michelle from Sydney, Australia.

Comment

Back pain

My lower back pain is really bad also it was actually pretty bad before I even started the gilenya but my physician prescribed me with cymbalta and it's wonderful for my back pain it also helps for my occasional depression I love cymbalta it takes away my back pain within about 20 mins of taking it

Comment

im glad im not the only 1. i have been on gilenya for 6 days.yesterday, i started having nasty lower back pain. now it seems its in my kidneys? like hurts so bad its hard to walk. im wondering if it is maybe a uti that went to kidney infection? don

Comment

I get intermittent back pain from gilenya and I have found stretching REALLY helps. Lay on your back and bring your legs over your head as far a possible. It might not be pretty but after doing it every night for a while it feels great.

Comment

I started Gilenya in early January this year and have not had anything remarkable by way of side effects except I've started having ongoing low back aches that hurt quite a bit. At 63 and carrying about forty pounds too many I have my aches and pains (old lady stuff ) but this is different. Advil and rest helps a bit but it's pretty darn uncomfortable and even massages at the Massage Envy doesn't seem to relieve it. How do I know if it's the medication? Anyone know?

Also, do you know if causes depression. I recently decided to go off my antidepressant since I have been off Rebif for about 6 months now. If it depression is a side effect I may opt to go back on it.
              Susie

Eph 3:20-21

Comment

Try starting your day doing alternating cat/cow yoga poses for a cycle of at least ten- slowly. Try folding a hand towel in thirds, rolling it up and tucking it behind your back in the car.
                Google the constructive rest pose- try doing that - it settles your nervous system. Try working on your core strength with PT exercises. All else fails, drugs.

Comment

Working...
                X