HI....I'M NOT NOT NEW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI....I'M NOT NOT NEW

HI.....I AM NOT NEW BUT I NEED SOME HELP WITH THIS CRAPPY MOOD I AM IN. I FEEL SO LOST AND I FEEL ALONE. I WAS DXD IN AROUND 2006. IT HAD BEEN DOWN HILL SINCE THAT. NO MEDS. HELP ME SO THAT IS BOTHERING ME. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHERE TO TURN TO. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATED

I'm sorry you are feeling so badly! Have you thought about getting on an anti=depresant? It sure has helped me.

Sara

Comment

WHAT TYPE OF ANTI-DEPRESSANT?

HI.....WHAT TYPE OF A ANTI DEPRESSENT ARE YOU SUGGESTING?

Comment

high there diguilio, I don't take ADs. Sorry but I don't have suggestions or recommendations to offer. I have tolerence problems with the ADs I've tried. I'm also lucky that I don't have major problems with depression, so far so good, anyway.

There are probably many suggestions you could get if you post a thread title requesting info from others about their experiences with ADs they've tried.

One small suggestion I can make about starting new meds in general is to avoid starting multiple new meds/Rx's at the same time. Spacing out the timing of beginning each new med will make it easier to determine possible side effects. Starting more than one new med at the same time will make it difficult to determine if a side effect or tolerence problem is one med or the other, or even both.

I hope this does not come across as condescending on my part, but it seems you've become more 'pro-active' in your MS care and sx's recently. Just wanting to cheer you on in your efforts. On the other hand, If I've missunderstood your situation, I apologize. No offense intended.

Best of luck with the ADs.

Comment

depression?

You need to see a doc, preferably a shrink, to start antidepression medication. There are many to choose from on the market, and you may actually need more than one, I currently take a few psych meds, Cymbalta & Seroquel for depression at bedtime and Xanax in the morning for anxiety and I feel good, we have me on what I call a 'cocktail' of meds that has been working for me for some time now. My point is that with the help of a good doc, you can feel better, but you need the doc to choose the meds.

I want to point out that these meds for depression don't 'fix you' right away, you need about 2 weeks for the effects to kick in, and then if you have no improvement your doc will adjust the treatment.

Many people with MS also suffer from depression, like I do. I know my depression isn't a reaction to the dx of MS, as I had the depression years before my MS dx.

I hope you find some relief with how you are feeling.
          Possible MS 1993, RRMS, Dx 2007, SPMS 2013. Avonex - Oct '07 - Jul '12, Gilenya - Sept '12 to May '13, Tecfidera - June '13 to present. You see things as they are and you ask why..I dream of things that never were and I ask 'Why Not?!'

Comment

Working...
          X