Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here and no dx

Hi everyone,

I've had what my GP believes are MS symptoms for over 10 years now.

They include vertigo, temporary paralysis, weakness, slurred speech and wrong sentences coming out of my mouth, many falls, feeling drunk, walking in the wrong direction and saying to myself hey where do you think you're going?, numbness, chronic pain, tremors, bladder and bowel probs, cognitive problems, dystonia or spasticity, etc. etc.

I have no dx and have seen many neuros. My evoked potenitals are fine. My last MRI has a number of white lesions on it.

Is it OK to hang out here while I'm waiting for a dx?
    Take care,
    swingingwillow
    Limbo lander on hold with a fast busy signal...

Glad to have you on the site. Welcome. I understand that you have been dealing with some odd symptoms. i would like to give you a few pointers that I have learned through this site and others.
    No matter what you are told by your doctor, get blood tests for everything that could have similar symptoms as MS. n Lyme disease, B-12 deficiency, vitamin D deficiency, etc. low hormone levels. Good luck

Comment

WELCOME SWINGINGWILLOW!!!!!!! we would be happy to have you here! We have a place here for our members in limbo. The forum we have here on the message boards is called" limbo Landers and newly diagnosed." Feel free to look around and make yourself comfortable. There is also a special chat called" patiently waiting." And we would love to see you there if you wish. It is Wednesday night's at 8 PM EST.
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hi swingingwillow. Love your user name! Yes, limboland is where you can find a whole lot of other folks in the same situation. Please come join us. Just note, we aren't always patient while we're waiting, but we do try!
        It's not fatigue. It's a Superwoman hangover.

Comment

Great ideas thank you

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
          Glad to have you on the site. Welcome. I understand that you have been dealing with some odd symptoms. i would like to give you a few pointers that I have learned through this site and others.
          No matter what you are told by your doctor, get blood tests for everything that could have similar symptoms as MS. n Lyme disease, B-12 deficiency, vitamin D deficiency, etc. low hormone levels. Good luck
          I've had numerous blood tests but not for a while. I've made a list of your suggestions and will ask my doctor for those specific blood tests.
          Take care,
          swingingwillow

Comment

Thanks for the welcoming posts!

@hunterd Thank you for the very warm welcome and for pointing I'm sure another newbie in the right direction.

@lusciousleaves my name comes from the time when I was a little girl and my first bff and I used to tie willow tree branches together and swing in them. I fell on my back a lot when they would break though. Maybe that's what started my problems.
            Take care,
            swingingwillow

Comment

Hi!

Welcome! I know that putting a name to the symptoms won't make them any better, yet at the same time, it is tough to "justify" feeling bad a lot without anything "official."

Best of luck and hang in there!

Hugs,
              Minnie

Comment

Working...
              X