Hmmmm... Seems too good to be true.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmmm... Seems too good to be true.

Has anyone seen this or even read this book. I am no doctor, just some knucklehead with a computer and a Wife with some symptoms. The logic seems right, immune system problem, then boost your immune system. But I just have a hard time believing it. Maybe it is effective on some level.

http://www.drgarysmultiplesclerosiscure.org/

This guy also claims to have cures for hives and lupus with his alternative medicine. Buy his books for $50 each (half price!) and read all about it.

I can walk a couple blocks to the duck pond if I want to hear quacks, but if you want to spend the money on this stuff then go for it.

Comment

You typed exactly what I was thinking, TLC.

If it were that easy, none of us would be sick...
      “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
      Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Neo-

You seem like a sweet guy who is REALLY concerned about his wife. I have read a lot of your posts and seen the results thus far, and it is impossible for any of us to diagnosis your wife. Thus it is impossible for you too.

Now, if I remember correctly, your wife is going back to the neuro in March, right? You will get more answers then. Diagnosis takes time....there is a lot of stuff that they have to rule out. And you don't know if it is MS or not. Lets be hopeful that it is not.

I think right now, or it seems, your are grasping at straws. And that is very understandable. Today's technology can be our worst enemy, i.e.: computer. There is so much info out there that is totally messed up...and as you can see you found a site that is really messed up and a very unscrupulous person is trying to profit from the MS Community.

My suggestion is to stop trying. Yes, that is right...stop trying. Put away the computer, and instead spend some quality time with the wife and stop driving both of you crazy by trying to diagnosis the problem. Let the professionals do that.

When the diagnosis does come, you will both handle it together. BTW...Valentines Day is next week.

Hint....hint....make it an extra special one.

Regards-Katie

Comment

Always looking for a "like" button. Katie's post is well said. I am always telling friends (no matter the health issue) to be careful what you read, there is so much info out there and everyone is different. Good Luck!

Comment

Katie, thank you for the kind words. I want to be clear, I certainly didn't think this person had written book that would cure everyone, including my wife. I just stumbled across it while researching nutrition and MS symptoms and wondered if anybody had read it.

I agree with all you said, and I may be grasping at straws, not to get someone to say "no, it can't be MS", but rather to only to better understand what is going on. So no worries, you're right, I can be my own worse stressor and having access to the internet 24/7 doesn't help. If I have a thought or idea, and I think I need to post it for comment or validation.

I asked about Gabapentin in a separate thread because I have never known anyone who has taken it, and it's possible effects. And when I started reviewing her symptoms (in the journal she keeps) and the timing with the meds, It made sense to ask.

I always appreciate the feedback, even if it is telling me to sit down, relax, and back away from the keyboard for a while.

Thanks to all for listening.

Comment

Aww Neo you are just so sweet and wanting to find answers!

I wholeheartedly agree with Katie, let the professionsals do that...then you can start your search for ways to deal with whatever it is...
              Prob MS 9-14-04; Dx PPMS 9-16-11; RRMS 12-15-11
              Ampyra 10mg 2xday
              Copaxone 1/20/12

Comment

Disagree

I disagree with some of the responses that said to let the professionals handle it. It took my doctors over ten years to diagnose me. I had many of them tell me it was in my head. I don't have a typical case of ms, but I do have it. Be an advocate for her no matter what she has. Don't give up! Research it as much as possible. I waited too long for the professionals to figure it out and I ended up in a wheelchair. Don't give up, or give in! Wish I didn't!

Comment

Torn-

Sorry it took so long for your diagnosis. And I am sorry you have a rare form of MS. It is good that things seem to have speed up in that area recently.

I have personally been in contact with Geo, and am glad to report he and his wife are doing fine. He has been and still is very proactive in her care. She has one of the BEST group of doctors working her case as this e-mail is being typed. They don't know if this is MS, in fact they are hopeful it isn't.

What you did not see is the plethora of other e-mails in the different forums because Geo was trying to figure out what was wrong with his wife. He was panicked by what he saw on the internet and here at MS World.

And I KNOW Geo, is going to be sticking with his wife through thick and thin...no matter what. He loves her very much.

And we will have to agree to disagree, because Neo's wife is in very capable hands, i.e: the professionals.

Cheers--Katie

Comment

Same but Different

We may all have the same disease, but none of us have the same symptoms, difficulties, progression,,, etc.

I remember when I got sick 23 years ago. Young, healthy, athletic,,, aren't many of us? Then out of the blue you hear "multiple sclerosis". What a feeling, just hearing that.

I'm a lucky one. M.S. will do what it's going to do. If we can try to stay positive, get some exercise, stay informed, our outcomes may be better than we imagined.

I think my life has been better because of M.S. I have learned to appreciate what I have, stopped being a whiner, and met many wonderful people. I'm not sure I would have have had many of the wonderful experiences I've had, if not for my M.S.

Make Lemonade!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X