sunshine 63 ~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunshine 63 ~

Hi my name is Sue, I was diagnosed on November 1st. 1988 A month before my 24th birthday. Happy birthday to me, well I am grateful because my son was just two years old and I worried that I wouldn't be able to enjoy him and I was so afraid to have another child but my daughter came nine years later and I was blessed to be able to enjoy time with them,

I've had a few hospitalizations in the beginning due to different symptoms then a few in the psych ward due to depression I didn't let that stop me from doing the best I could for my kids,

I've been on Copaxone for a while now I remember when we had to mix a vial of water with a vial of medicine before they had the auto inject, I don't like it but my doctor feels that it's a safe medication compared to the new ones that are out now.

I am now going through a divorce after 21 years of marriage but I believe it was the best decision I made, my daughter is 18 years old now and thank God she just graduated high school as an A student with an advanced diploma wow what a blessing!! She starts college in August and I could've asked for a more loving caring daughter then her.

Since my divorce I was hospitalized twice because of the stress and its physical effects on me, the heat and humidity here in New York has been affecting me so much, I've been stuck at home since last month because I can't walk or even tolerate the weather so that kind of depresses me because I love being outside feeling the sun on my face seeing friends, going shopping, walking even if I have to use my Cain, but I am grateful I know it could be worse

I know we all have our crosses to bear it sometimes I guess I need to vent because no one understands us like we do and I don't want to go back to the despair of depression, so that's why I'm here I'm usually very optimistic person but I guess I'm getting cabin fever sorry...

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

okay why didn't I use spellcheck?

I meant to say that I couldn't have asked for a more loving caring daughter then her ~

Comment

Welcome SUNSHINE63 to MS World! Cabin fever is the worst! I am sorry you have been through a rough time with your divorce. This is a good place to come to vent, to talk with other MSers, to ask questions, and answer others questions. Check out our chat rooms too if you are into that.

Sounds like you are a great mom! Make sure you care for yourself during this transition too!

Take care,
      Lisa
      Moderation Team
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

Thank you so much for welcoming me, I have been here in the chat rooms before but I find them so confusing because everybody's talking at once and I can't keep up with them
        sometimes I'd just stop by to say hi to everybody but I can't stay too long it makes me dizzier, lol I joined MS world in 2011 I'm pretty new at the computer though, I thank God for it because it has been my only source of communication with the outside world it's actually amazing to say the least,
        well I hope you're doing okay and I guess I'll just look around a bit, talk to you soon and thanks again!!

Comment

Working...
        X